All reviews el vez living room w insider tower ii daily resort fee main pool ocean view room modern hotel corner suite ocean front large balcony great view of the beach location is excellent an umbrella room upgrade valet parking late check
Reviewed January 16, 2018

Love the views from (most) of the rooms here! Definitely gives you that feeling of being on the beach. Used to be a great place for platinum members to use some points, but the upgrades are not as good as they used to be, and the ever increasing resort fee is a complete scam. This hotel is still an OK value with cash & points, but I can't imagine why anyone would pay full price here (especially with that worthless resort fee).

On the plus side, the rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet and the views are great from the higher floors.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eric B
Haley D, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Hello Eric B,

Thank you for your loyalty to SPG and W Hotels. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear how much you enjoy the sweeping ocean views from guest rooms. Our daily resort fee includes amenities valued at over $150 including two beach chairs and 1 umbrella, complimentary bottled of water for the beach, complimentary cocktail in the Living Room, daily fitness class (beach bootcamp or sunrise yoga), two four-hour bicycle rentals and in-room high speed WiFi. We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2018

Enjoyed our time at the W Hotel. Fantastic pool area. Lovely steak house on the premises, great location, easy walking distance to several restaurants and shops. We will definitely reside at the W Hotel again when in Lauderdale.

Stayed: May 2017
Haley D, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Hello RJB1215,

Thank you for your review. Our central location in vibrant Fort Lauderdale gives you exclusive access to all the area's most popular restaurants & shopping. We're so excited to welcome you back the next time you're in Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriends and I stayed here for a friends special birthday trip and were all disappointed. When we checked in, the key maker broke which meant that none of us could get into our rooms (not their fault but they did not handle it well and caused much confusion). We had all requested to be on the same floor to be near each other (11 of us, some sharing rooms). When I checked in, the agent changed my room to be near my friends, however when I went to pick up my key card, on 2 separate occasions, I was taken to a room on a different floor. When I was heading to my room a bellman came out of the elevator, he was on his phone, did not hold the doors for me and my hands were full of baggage, etc. the elevator doors shut, I dropped a bag and he kept walking by.

I ordered a cheeseburger at the pool and received a sad, small,two patties burger that was probably 6 ounces, it came without the cheese, and it was cold. It cost $18. Our drinks took 45 minutes to arrive. We finally gave up on our 2nd round and went to the bar where we saw our server on her phone and joking with the other servers at which time she saw us and said, “I have your drinks right here. I was letting the rain die down some.” We braved the rain to get them and it’s not our job, plus automatic gratuity was added because we were a party over 5 people.

That evening we met in the ‘Living Room’ for cocktails before dinner. The bar was not busy, there may have been 5 people at the bar and 3 bartenders. Clearly this bartender had an issue multi-tasking as I was standing next to a current guest that he addressed, served an additional drink, handed and processed the check, all without acknowledging that I was standing there. Conversely, I stepped down a few feet and there was a female bartender who acknowledged me directly while finishing another guests drink! Saw her a couple of times while staying and she was great!

The rooms while spacious, had little closet room. They were so cramped that there was no where to hang a dress. The bathrooms did not have an outside door, so if you had a roomie, you better be close! There was also mold in the shower. I’m not sure they actually scrub.

The room service server was excellent!

I expected a lot more from this property.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank apewine
Haley D, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Hello apewine,

Thank you for your review. Our talent is here 24/7 to provide our signature Whatever/Whenever service, and we are sorry to hear that your most recent stay did not meet those expectations. Your feedback has been shared with our Guest Experience Team, and do hope you will allow us another chance in the future to provide you with an unmistakable stay.

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

The customers service was outstanding with Evan's and the insider. Thank you my son enjoyed his birthday. When I arrived at the hotel you had about 4 valet parking attendant and not one of them offered to bring all my luggages up to my room. They watch me unload then ask for my keys. Other then that Evans went above and beyond to make sure everything was good with my stay. The view and the room the amenities everything is just great.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Alicia S

Hello Alicia S,

Thank you for sharing your incredible feedback with us! We're honored you chose to spend your son's birthday at W Fort Lauderdale and are happy to hear what an amazing time you had. We will certainly pass along the kudos to Evans for ensuring an elevated stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

The hotel offers everything you would imagine. Great pool deck area and gym. The main areas are loud with a large bar and music. It felt more like a disco than a lobby. The location is good on Fort Lauderdale Beach. The rooms seem to have lower quality amenities and fixtures. I did not like how the bathroom was enclosed by a curtain and not a real room with shaded glass showing the shower from the main room.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Haley D, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Hello James K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed our central location on glittering Fort Lauderdale Beach. Guests live it up nightly with our reverberating beats and programming in our Living Room. From artists painting large and live to jazz bands winding down the weekend with soothing sounds, guests have 24/7 access to unmistakable experiences. We do hope you will consider us the next time your travels bring you to the area.