3,697 results
All reviews evening reception managers reception made to order breakfast free drinks and snacks koi pond pretzels free happy hour pre cruise cruise port cocktail hour total wine within walking distance complimentary breakfast pool area sun trolley hotel shuttle close to the airport
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The location for this hotel may not be on the beach, but this location works for family get away and corporate functions.... Everything is close by great food, shopping and the beach is close by

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank wings2011
hotelmanager1100, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Thank you for staying at our hotel and thank you for the review. We have made some improvements since your stay in how we handle early check in requests, since we get so many of them. Most of these requests are on a weekend when we are full the night before and we have to wait until the guests check out to get the room ready for the next arrival. We now have one person at the front desk coordinating all the early arrival requests so they can coordinate it with housekeeping and keep the guests better informed of when their room is ready. Again thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here July 16, 2011 along with my husband, 2 daughters and 8 other friends and family for 1 night. We were going on a cruise the following day. This hotel is perfect for precruisers. We asked for a high floor with a view of the Everglades port. We were given a room on the 11th floor with a wonderful view of the port. We were able to see ships on check in day and new ships the following morning. We were sailing out of the Port of Miami, but it was great for the kids to see what was in store for them.

We loved the pool area. It's beautiful. The nightly manager's reception from 5:30pm-7:30pm was awesome. There were free drinks galore. Chips, salsa, goldfish, pretzels, punch, and lemonade was also provided.

We used the shuttle from the airport to hotel. Normal cost is $7 pp, but we had a group of 12 and they only charged $5 pp. We probably should have taken a $15 cab ride. We were told 10 minutes and we waited 45minutes. The shuttle services another hotel. The driver was very friendly.

The hot breakfast was also very good. Eggs made to order, a variety of cereals, bagels, pancakes, french toast, toast, bacon, fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea, etc were provided.

There are many restaurants within walking distance. There is a large shopping plaza behind the hotel. The is a Publix grocery store, Payless Shoesource, Total Wine, Five Guys Burgers, Duffy's Grill, and many many more. We ate at Five Guys for lunch-DELICIOUS, and Chuck's Steakhouse (directly across the street) for dinner. That was also a good choice, but a tad pricey. I spent $65 on 2 of the cheapest adult meals and a child meal. We all had water to drink. The is an Outback restaurant to the left of the hotel (when standing inside). Sorry, I digressed.

The hotel was clean and our suite was also tidy and in order. The building is not new but the suite furniture has been upgraded and is nice. The lobby, like other Embassy Suites has a tropical garden theme with ponds and plenty of seating.

My only complaint was I requested early check in via online registration and via private email with hotel reservationist. I know early check in is not guaranteed. However, we were told when our room was available they would call us. 3 and 1/2 hours passed with no call. We checked twice, room was still not ready. Third try. We checked with front desk and our door keys and paperwork were all ready and waiting. No one ever called us. We were sitting at the round seats in front of guest services for almost an hour when my husband said this is crazy and saw the front desk clerk reach over and grab the keys and hand it to him.

Other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Request a high floor with an east view to see the cruise ships.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank luv2travel1005
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were there for 5 days- its a perfect place to stay-so close to Ft Lauderdale airport, Port Everglades for cruise connections, and beach.
Its a must see to believe-so beautiful inside and out-helpful and courteous staff,complimentary full buffet breakfast every morning and complimentary "Happy Hour" every evening from 5 to 7...I love it!!!!!We go everytime when in Florida.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed one night before a cruise. We booked the cruise and transfer package. Pretty sure we over paid for the transfers but it was one less thing to worry about.
The pickup at the airport was fast but no air conditioning in the van, good thing it was a short ride.
Check in was a little slow but they were very busy. Desk was helpful with finding us a place to eat dinner. The free cocktails in the evening was a nice touch. My son used the pool, it was nice but small.

This hotel had two weddings the day we checked in, therefore very crowded all evening.
Our room was clean and quiet. The hotel is dated but still quite beautiful.

Breakfast was a nightmare, there were just too many people trying to eat at the same time. Hotel must have been fully booked. They were in no way prepared for that crowd.

Transfer to the cruise was fast and comfortable. My major complaint was that a $28.00 charge appeared on my credit card about a week after staying there. Still haven't figured out what that was for...

It was okay for one night, not sure I would want to book a longer stay here

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank famllylovestotravel

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We do serve a lot of people at our complimentary breakfast. Unfortunately, we are also at the mercy of when everyone comes down to eat breakfast. Our breakfast is served from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. on weekends. We recommend that the earlier you eat, the better. The busiest times are between 9:00 and 10:00 with 9:30 on being the busiest. Not only do we have our atrium seating, but we also have our restaurant seating available and ballroom space available for additional overflow. If you have a question about your bill, please contact the accounting department at 954-527-2700 and we will be happy to help you with it. Again thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I just love this hotel!

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Ft Lauderdale for four weeks total in the past 5 years....
and I love it!

Stayed here this past June 2011 for 5 days and received the same consistent good service and quality.

Beds are great and the free (included) real breakfast is always a plus.
And, they have real coffee cream! Whoo!

Many shops in the immediate hotel area.

I highly recommend this hotel.
And, I have stayed at A LOT of hotels through the years.

Good job, Embassy Suites !

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends