3,653 results
All reviews evening reception managers reception made to order breakfast free drinks and snacks pretzels free happy hour pre cruise cruise port cocktail hour total wine within walking distance complimentary breakfast pool area sun trolley hotel shuttle close to the airport self park
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Recently stayed at the Embassy Suites one night prior to a cruise. The hotel was close to the airport, cruise terminal and a small shopping plaza. Check in was speedy and the hotel lobby and interior looked very nice. Our room was on the 11th floor overlooking the pool area. Unfortunately the cleanliness of our room was very disappointing. I found cheerios on the floor near the bed and grubby hand prints on the mini bar cabinetry. The bathtub had hair in it and the toilet wasn't spotless around the outsides. While in the bathtub (that I cleaned out!) I could see under the sink cabinet...dirt, crumbs and dental floss. I chose to "grin and bear" it for the night though.
Upon check out I told the clerk that my room was less than clean. She was super nice and I felt she took my complaint seriously. A few days later I received a survey from Embassy Suites and again I addressed the cleanliness factor. Much to my surprise a manager left a thorough voice mail about how they would fix those issues and to relay his disappointment.
I really felt that even though my room had problems, the staff takes pride in their hotel. Judging by the contact I had I would think that this won't be a problem in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jill G
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale on the night before we set sail on our cruise. This was a great choice, because we were able to stay close enough to the port and in an area with a grocery store, restaurants, etc. within walking distance. We arrived in enough time to attend the Manager's Reception and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast the following morning. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We went to grab a taxi to the port the next morning. However a guy informed us that the hotel shuttle would take us. Beware, the shuttle is not complimentary unless you have booked a rate that include it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012

You have to pay for parking your vehicle!!! There's a shopping center behind the hotel, but we didn't want to park there. There's no place to park on a street. You would want a bike to ride to the beach because it's too far away to walk there. The full breakfast was delicious and filling. You can eat in the open area downstairs or bring your breakfast up to your room. We ate breakfast outside by the pool one morning although we read a sign later prohibiting it. The pool area is beautiful and green.
Only cons were the bathroom and plumbing. The sink in the bedroom area was draining very slowly. The bathroom was in serious need of updating. There were stains on the shower curtain and the tub. The water had a yellowish tint, too.
The area around the hotel was pretty quiet, especially at night.

Room Tip: All rooms on the front have balconies. Rooms have a fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tara J
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed at the Embassy Suites 2 days pre cruise. I had read about this hotel and debated and decided to give it a try. We've stayed at other Embassy Suites before and this one put the others to shame. The location is fabulous & while the hotel is on the main street, their many trees and gardens buffer the noise and protect you in the pool and terrace area.

Breakfast with made to order eggs (and well done by the way) put me in 7th heaven. The Manager's Reception was very nice of course.

The hotel has a wonderful ambience with all the trees and garden type settings in both the atrium and outside. The greenery in the atrium and eating area provides privacy for many areas so that the number of people there is not quite so obvious.

Our rooms were very comfortable - living room area is quite small but more than adequate. The bedroom is very comfy, spacious and allowed for a good nights sleep. Loved the little french balcony where I could see my ship waiting for me the morning we were leaving.

This hotel by itself is very nice, but it's location so close to great dining, water taxis, Total Wine just to mention a few makes it a must for us next time.

Only negatives I can think of were the lack of free wifi (unless you are a Gold Hilton member) and safety deposit box in the room (front desk does have them and that did the trick for us).

Definitely a hotel we will happily return to.

Room Tip: ask for a room with the view of the ships.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kazu100
Reviewed May 21, 2012

A rating of 3.5 is more appropriate. Positive--breakfast included in meal; really nice pool; nice "common areas;" clean room; Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries; comfortable bed; an save money by using the frig and micro in each room. You can walk to the Water Taxi Stop 7 -- about a half a mile, from which you can get to other places and see the homes of the rich and famous on the way; Publix right behind hotel if you want to buy your own food. Walk to Starbucks. The beach -- you have to ride the bus -- about 3 miles to that. Could be better--several wrong pieces of information provided by Concierge, not especially pleasant; elevator not working, so long waits one day; patio was not cleaned well (styrofoam cup with water and cigarettes in it); prices in E Spot restaurant high. For price, a good value, though.

Room Tip: Try to select a room overlooking the pool area -- views otherwise not good if you want to sit on balcony
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends