I landed in Ft Lauderdale airport around 9am on Saturday the 8th. It took a few minutes to deplane and get my bag from baggage claim. When I went to get a taxi, the driver refused to take me, insisting that there was a free shuttle provided by ES. I knew there wasn’t, however I called the hotel to confirm. I was correct, there is NO free shuttle to the ES. I got in the next taxi and off I went. Fare was $15 + tip. It took no more than 10 minutes to get there.
The hotel was nice. I got there around 9:30am and checked in. My room wasn’t ready, however the lady at the desk said I could drop my bags and head to the pool for a while, which I did. The pool area was great. Plenty of sunny and shady areas to relax. The pool deck has a few tiers to it, and there are areas away from the pool that are more private. She took my cell # and offered to call me when a room became available. She called me about a half hour later and I got room 1007. I was hoping for a port view room, but I opted to take the first available room instead. This room faced the main road, and during the day it was busy, but it did quiet down at night. If you are a light sleeper to do recommend that you request a room that is not on the main road. I sleep with earplugs, and since I was up at 3 that morning to head to the airport, sleep came very easy to me!
The room itself was clean. It had a fridge and microwave, and the living room area had a couch and a chair. There was a table and tv in there too. The bathroom was off the bedroom, and there was a tv in the bedroom as well.
Breakfast in the morning was good. I got down there about 8:45. When you check in they give you a card that says you have to hand it in for breakfast. When I went down on Sunday there wasn’t anyone asking for cards, so if you get there early enough the day before, you may be able to grab a bite then as well. Anyway, they had cook to order omlettes, but the line was long and I wanted to get to the port. I went to the precooked side and got eggs, bacon, etc. It wasn’t anything special, but it did the job.
I really liked the location. If it's a rainy day or if you need any essentials, or just don't want to be landlocked at your hotel, there are plenty of food options and shopping in the area. The grocery store (Publix) in the mall behind the hotel (look on google maps satellite image to see where you have to go) had a great deli that made sandwiches to order. There is a Ross clothing store in the strip mall across the street, as well as some nail salons and other stores in the area. Anyone that needs an ATM: there is a TD Bank directly across the street at the crosswalk. Speaking of the crosswalk....the hotel is on a busy road. I was a little concerned how crossing the street would be. It was no problem, the crosswalk gave you PLENTY of time to get across without rushing, so don't worry. Lots of people were out and about on that road crossing, so it's not scary or dangerous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the convenient location of the Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street hotel surrounded by shopping and dining options. This all-suite hotel is close to Fort Lauderdale attractions including Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Relax in a two-room suite and experience more living area, a kitchenette and work space to catch up on business. Expect a number of great amenities such as a heated outdoor pool and a modern fitness center. You can even bring the family pet. Start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order full breakfast and savor cocktails, soft drinks and light snacks at our nightly complimentary Evening Reception (Must be legal drinking age). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Ft Lauderdale
- Embassy Suite Fort Lauderdale