3,685 results
All reviews evening reception managers reception made to order breakfast free drinks and snacks koi pond pretzels free happy hour pre cruise cruise port cocktail hour total wine within walking distance complimentary breakfast pool area sun trolley hotel shuttle close to the airport
Reviewed January 18, 2013

OMG! This Hotel is Amazing to pull up too!!! Simply Amazing. THE LOBBY IS EXTREMELY DATED. The pool area is Amazing!!! The Rooms are Embassy Standard...But The Bathroom in the Bedroom is Terrible if you have others sharing the sofa Bed. Really nice place. The parking price is ridiculous for those who are staying there, Especially in the area that the hotel in located in. So many nearby places to park lol

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelmanager1100, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing us. Our lobby is an old florida design. This fall we plan on updating the look, but keeping the Old Florida feel. Again thank you for staying with us and hope you return again to enjoy the hotel and the pool.

Sincerely;

Don Friedman

Reviewed January 18, 2013

A terrific hotel! All the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was perfect. I love that the bedroom was in a separate area because I'm an early riser and don't want to wake everyone up when I make coffee and watch tv. The room was clean and spacious. The lobby was filled with greenery and waterfalls/pools. Light shines in from above...amazing! We enjoyed the beautiful pool and koi pond. The complementary breakfast had made to order omlets, which were tasty. It has a cute gift shop with anything one could possibly want!! It's located near a nice shopping area with Publix and several restuarants. I liked that there are shuttles to the cruiseport and airport which was $7.00 per person and we didn't even have to wait for one. The driver was pleasant and didn't speed!! We will be visiting this one again!

Room Tip: I really think all the rooms are good!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cheryl2043
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I visit this hotel every January. In the past I have been pleased with almost every aspect of this hotel. The grounds, building and rooms are nice. The staff that cleans the rooms does an excellant job. I wish that I could say the same about the rest of the staff. While I haven't experienced a problem with the staff before, on my most recent stay this week, the service ranged from nonchalant to terrible.

The front desk staff often would be engaged in conversations that had nothing to do with their jobs, while guests waited for assistance. When we arrived at approximately 1:00 p.m., we were told that no rooms were available yet but that our room would be ready by 3:00. They took my cell phone number and told us that they would call us when the room was ready. We returned at 4:45, without having received a telephone call to discover that our room was ready. If they say that they will contact you, they should contact you.

The people preparing food at the breakfast were curt and uncaring, often getting omlette orders incorrect.

The wait staff at the E-Spot during lunch were incredibly slow and unresponsive. I had ninety minutes for lunch at 1:00 between meetings. The restaurant had guests at about four or five tables. There appeared to be one person working the entire restaurant. He was slow in taking our order of two items, and then it took fifty minutes for the orders to arrive at our table. I had to go inside and find him to see if he had forgotten about us. This caused me to rush through my meal so as to not be late to my meeting. This hotel needs to either talk to their existing staff about customer service, or find a new staff.

One other item needs to be addressed. For some reason, the internet service, for which this Embassy Suites charges $9.95 per day, was not working properly on January 13th. The hotel needs a better, more reliable internet service. Guests, and particularly those of us there on business, need reliable internet service.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the hotel are subjected to vehicle noise on 17th, as well as bright lights that illuminate the exterior of the building. The rooms on the back of the building have a horrible view, but are quietest. The rooms on the west side are subject to noise from the swimming pool; however the pool area is generally not noisy. The rooms on the east are quieter than those on the front and are not subjected to bright lights. Some rooms have balconies on which you can walk out onto or even sit (if seating were provided). I have in the past requested one of these rooms, but have been told that they cannot assure me that such a room can be provided.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SEMich
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We moved over to this hotel from the Ramada. It has a great location, close to the airport, the cruise departures and downtown. There is also a mini mall just down the street. The rooms are huge with 2 tv's, a living room, extra sinks, nice furniture. I am really impressed as are the people that came over with us.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brenspen52
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Expensive, but we love the pool area. We stay here often for our Hilton Honor points. When we moved the couch over to fit the roll-away, we found it needed swept about a month earlier. Housekeeping did come to the room with a sweeper to clean it up. We LOVE the pool area as do the kids. It's a great start to a cruise. We've stayed here before three cruises now, and have been satisfied. Just remember its always very busy because of the many cruise travelers.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family