3,697 results
All reviews evening reception managers reception made to order breakfast free drinks and snacks koi pond pretzels free happy hour pre cruise cruise port cocktail hour total wine within walking distance complimentary breakfast pool area sun trolley hotel shuttle close to the airport
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We stayed at the Embassy Suites prior to our recent cruise out of Port Everglades. We arrived at about 3:30 pm and very quickly checked in to our room, which was located on the top floor. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We had a view over the city (not over the water), and were away from the main street so we didn't hear any street noises.

We did have to wait for the elevator, especially at busy times (breakfast and check out).

We visited the reception and had a couple of drinks and some light snacks late in the afternoon. The next morning we enjoyed the breakfast that was included with our room. The breakfast was certainly better than continental with eggs, waffles, pancakes, breakfast meats, etc., although my husband, who stays at Embassy Suites frequently during the week, commented that they did not have the made-to-order items (omelets, pancakes) as he has experienced elsewhere. Instead they were in a steam tray.

The hotel is convenient to grocery stores, drug stores and a liquor store. It is quite a hike from the 17th Street bridge (about a mile). We were disappointed to be told that a taxi would be about $10 for a ride from the hotel to a restaurant just on the other side of the bridge as we had been told the shuttle was free of charge.

All in all, the hotel was just fine for our visit.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Excellent property ,close to everything and very nice staff !!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2010

My husband, son (age 16), and I arrived on a Saturday evening around 6:30 pm for a one night stay before our cruise the next day. Check in was quick and easy and we were off to the manager's reception for drinks and snacks with some friends that had already checked in. The reception was pleasant...some popcorn, chips, and some weak, but tasty, alcoholic drinks and sodas for my son. The hotel was conveniently located to a Publix grocery store, Outback steakhouse, Moe's, and some other local bars and restaurants. My family and I walked to Outback Steakhouse for dinner which was just a block away.

We were in room 404 which was located just in front of the elevator. This room faces 17th Street and I was able to hear a lot of street noise throughout the night. If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request a room that does not face the street. My son slept on the sofa sleeper and was kept awake most of the night due to some rather loud people on the 5th floor. One of the loud people was a hotel employee that had brought some pillows to our room earlier in the evening. Not sure if the employee was on duty or not.

Breakfast was good and plentiful the next morning. Plenty of seating in the Atrium for parties of any size. My son really enjoyed the made-to-order omelets.

The hotel shuttle took us from the hotel to the port. There was no wait for the shuttle, they just pointed us in the direction where we needed to take our luggage, and within 5 minutes we were on our way. From what my husband was told, the hotel runs 6 shuttles to and from the port and their is little to no wait.

Overall, I would plan to stay here again and would recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay before or after a cruise.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank angi1968
Reviewed October 5, 2010

My Mother and I stayed at this hotel during a week long training for travel professionals. We have stayed at many hotels and think that this one gives a lot of bang of the buck. We are extremely picky about the cleanliness of our hotel rooms. We check mattresses for bugs, sheets for stains and hair, and underneath beds and corners for dirt. I must say that our first room fell short by having stuff underneath the bed. We called to the front desk and we were immediately taken to another room. The next room had no issues what so ever. The rooms are very spacious and well appointed. There is a microwave and fridge. A table with lamp and plug for your laptop. Also, a pull out sofa, foot stool, and chair. (Along with a flat scree TV) The bed room had two double beds with brand new clean mattresses, a dresser, and wardrobe, also a flat screen TV.

The general manager said that every week they pull 2 floors of rooms and clean them exceptionally well to keep the ever growing problem of "palmetto bugs' and bed bugs at bay. You could tell the rooms were very clean and new mattresses.

The morning breakfast which is included in the price of the room would be well over $25 at any other hotel. Made to order omlets, two meats, pancakes, french toast, bagles, muffins, 4 kinds of cereal, fruit, yogurt, hot drinks, 3 juices. It was out of this world.

I am not a drinker but the nightly managers reception included all the beer, wine, or mixed drinks you could have. They also offered two types of salty snacks and popcorn. We all know the price that hotels charge for drinks. So, this is a real bargin.

Our training was held at the hotel and we had many of our lunches and dinners catered by their food staff. Wow is all I can say. It was like being on a cruise. The choices, the flavors, and tastes. Outstanding.

Also, the staff got to know us and would greet us daily with warm smiles and hellos.

There is a Publix grocery store that is 2 blocks away as well as shopping. McDonalds is also 2 blocks away. There is a wine and liquor store in the same shopping center as Publix if you were looking for wine for the cruise ship.

The elevators were a bit slow and it really fills up on the weekends when the cruise ships are coming into port. Book early or you will miss out on a gem of a hotel. A great pre or post cruise hotel for sure. I will definately be recommending to my friends as well as to my clients!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank carefreecruisesinfo
Reviewed September 16, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites the night before our Princess cruise and were very happy with it. Everyone in our group was pleased with the hotel, and the location can't be beat! I'm not going to go into detail about this hotel, as other reviewers have covered pretty much all the bases, but you won't be disappointed if you stay here. Clean, comfortable, good service and great location - everything we were looking for in a htoel.
A big thank you to everyone who has reviewed this hotel; your comments were really helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family