“Should Be Torn Down!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
Ranked #58 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 27 September 2005

I booked 2 nights stay with an online service and paid for it before I got there, I wish I hadn't. I booked 2 adjoining rooms with 2 double beds. When we got there at 2pm, the rooms still hadn't been cleaned and this was in #202 and #204. They cleaned #202 and then after unpacking half our things, we found out the toilet didn't work. So we were told we would have to move. They told us they had #302 and #304, one with a king size bed, the other 2 doubles. We thought ok, we'll make due. Well they then told us that the rooms needed to be cleaned. So, after finally packing and lugging all our stuff to the rooms upstairs, we were finally in our rooms. My daughter had a hard time breathing during the night and we figured it was just her asthma, wrong! On the next day my mother asked about the fire alarm in her room, and why it looked funny. Well, it was hanging out of the ceiling and looked busted (see pic #1-room #304). After that, we started examining the place together and found multiple health code violations and other concerns. The sink was missing the whole front part of it and there was burn marks on it (see pic #2-room #304). There were ants not only on the windows, but all over the sinks, and we were on the 3rd floor-both rooms! The light in the bathroom was busted and coming out of the ceiling (see pic #3-room #304). The tile in the bathroom was full of black mold (see pic #4-room #304). The trash cans had no liners in them in either room. One of the sprinklers in room #304 was actually taped on (see pic #5-room #304). The bed my children was sleeping on had also either black mold or black filth, was hard to tell (see pic #6-room #304). There was alot of other broken stuff and filth and white stuff all in the air conditioner, but on to my room, #302. Not only was my mattress still on the January/Feb/March rotation, meaning it hadn't been turned since then, but there was dirt and hairs all over my mattress pad and they weren't mine as they were an altogether different type and color hair (see pic #7-room #302). There were holes in my bed as well (see pic #8-room #302). The telephone cord had exposed wires and the drapes were busted also. The windows in my room had black mold or filth all over the sides and bottom (see pic #9-room #302). The air conditioner in my room had also the same thing as #304, but worse with rusted pipes and filth. (see pic#10-room #302). There was alot of other things wrong, but I seem to have run out of room for pictures. I do intend on following up with the health department or anyone I can to see that they are cited or something. Absolutely would never go back!

• Stayed: September 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dallas, TX
Reviewed 10 April 2005

I stayed for two nights at this hotel and it was the most disgusting place I've ever had to sleep. I laid my clothes over the sheets, and covered the pillow with one of my t-shirts to avoid having to lay on it. The hair dryer didn't work, neither did the a/c. The second night I was so ticked that nothing had been fixed as I'd requested, I had them put me in another room foolishly thinking that would help. In the new room, I was right across from the elevator, where all the rastafarians gathered to whoop and holler all night long. The bed was not level (from God only knows what), the wall outlets were hanging out of the walls with exposed wiring, this room didn't even HAVE a hairdryer, and there were mysterious stains all over the place. Thank God for flip-flops. If you HAVE to stay here, bring plastic sheeting and plenty of disinfectant.

• Stayed: March 2005, travelled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Huntington, Indiana
Reviewed 27 February 2005

I was very impressed with this hotel we were in the perfect location. Are service was excellent. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I would recommened it to anyone. And I would stay there again.

NJ
Reviewed 2 December 2004

My boyfriend and I went there in November 2004. Like most other people said, the rooms were smelly, front desk attendants were rude and unhelpful, and the bathroom walls had holes in them. Our car was broken into, TWICE! We are pursuing this matter until we get a solution.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 November 2004

Arggggggg!!!! This place was so horrible I would have rather slept on the street. The room smelled so bad we could not even fix it by leaving the windows open for a while. Plus we were both sneezing with itchy noses by the next morning, so I think the air conditioning filter needed to be changed desperately. The blankets were literally falling apart at the seams. I was completely grossed out, and I've stayed in some pretty dodgy places. Luckily we arrived super late so we went right to sleep and left first thing in the morning after our free breakfast- white toast, bad doughnuts and coffee. To their credit I will say that the staff were really nice. However we will not be returning.

3  Thank spooner1000
Reviewed 10 February 2004

If you're tolerant and on a tight budget, it might be just the place for you. However, rooms were not very clean or well-maintained, front desk staff were crabby and difficult, and security is non-existant.
Didn't even ask for my name when I said I was locked out of my room and needed a new key.

5  Thank Musicbyanthem
washington, dc
Reviewed 8 February 2004

Bad service, bad room, stay away!! Do not book this hotel on an online travel site, the hotel will be 'sold out' when you get there.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member