New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Travelodge Fort Lauderdale

Travelodge Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #117 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
DeLand, Florida
“Have to be 6 Foot tall to turn on AC!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

This is the first motel I've seen where the AC unit is mounted a good 6 feet off the ground. I could not see the dial but had to guess at the settings. Not to mention the place is run down. They are in the process of remodeling but I don't think you can help this place. I've stayed at 2 different Travelodges in the last couple of months;both where run down and I probably wont stay at another Travelodge.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank journaltk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed from July 10 to July 14 and we ordered our trip through Travelocity. When we arrive we had to change room twice because the first room no one was able to open the door. The next room was suppose to be non smoking however smelled like smoke really bad. The bathroom was so filthy i went out and got few things to clean it. I ask the front desk for new towels and they would say they were out! We wanted swimming pool with our hotel. We went to the beach and when we came back we realize the health dept. shut down the pool. They do have a Elevator however its so old and i thought out dated, because I thought we got stuck in it however after 5 mins inside it finally open. The floor was dirty we wore our shoes in the room because our feet would get black. The bed was horrible. The service was RUDE. Thats not the worse of it all, WE BROUGHT HOME BED BUGS!!!!!!! Please dont stay you been warn. Here is the picture of the pool that was shut down from the health dept.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Trip8328

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Seminole, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Stayed at the motel for Friday and Saturday nights. The room was clean, very basic, and in need of paint and new carpeting. IThe king-size bed was very comfortable. The room was somewhat dingy, however, this is a low-budget motel that is very conveniently located to the Ft. Lauderdale beach area. We didn't use the pool or sample their buffet breakfast, but both looked OK. TV worked fine, although it's not fancy. We requested an extra pillow and towels, and got them pretty quickly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hamilton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

My family and I stayed in the hotel for one night and this place should be condemned. Never in my life have I been in a hotel room that was roachy I ended not taking off my shoes because the floor was very dirty. The bathroom looked extremely rundown, toilet was filthy and the there was holes in the walls. The bed sheets were ripped up and the television set was broken. Overall, I would give this hotel a negative rating if I was able to, I wouldn't even allow my worst enemy to stay in this place. The Department of Health and Safety needs to shut down this hotel for deplorable living conditions.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank TSwizz
Ramrod Key, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

This might be my last review... it is 10:51pm June 19th, 2011 (just in case the police need to know the last time we were alive). We checked in just for a cheap place to stay before we headed out on our flight in the morning. Now I am VERY lenient on hotels because I think most people under rate them but this is BY FAR the nastiest place I have ever stayed. Patched holes in the wall, shower leaks, door looks like it was broken into, strange people walking around the hotel, main light didn't work, and the straw that broke the camel's back... the TV remote batteries were dead! :) I only have a couple hours to stay here. I hope we make it and our is not stolen. Please for your safety and those that are with you... DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank spaldo07
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Stayed there for one night, and it was filthy and disgusting. Rugs dirty, comforter torn, bathroom fixtures rusty and paint chipping. We refused to shower there. Pool was closed by department of health! We woke up in the morning with bug bites all over our legs.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Subes2011
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

I stayed at this facility because it was close to the airport. I had a midnight arrival at Fort Lauderdale Airport, while travelling with my 14 yr old son to Miami. I made reservations onlline and DID NOT check the reviews!!!! Upon arrival and when inquired directions on how to get to the hotel, at the airport car rental, it was described as being in a "bad neighborhood". The place was not well kept and dirty. Once in the room it was not properly cleaned, the drapes were torn at one end, the bathroom window had no curtains, the telephone equipment was old and broken, the rugs were aweful - a mess and total disappointment !!!!! My son was even afraid to sleep there. The breakfast area does not fit more than 6 people, etc. I was sooooooo happy to leave, just 7 hrs after arriving at 1pm! And decide would NEVER stay there again.......

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business