“Advertised coffee in room, but no coffee in room” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Fort Lauderdale

Travelodge Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #118 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boyne City, Michigan
“Advertised coffee in room, but no coffee in room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I gave them an average rating, but we did not stay there when we found out that they did not have the coffee maker in the rooms, contrary to the advertising on the coupon we had that attracted us to this property. Their location was 1251 E Sunrice Blvd.

Room Tip: Ask if they have coffee maker in the room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fredericton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We were looking for a place for one night and it was okay for that. It was clean enough and the bed was adequate. They charged us $100 which was a ridiculous price for such a low end hotel. There was a complimentary continental breakfast which we missed but I'm sure it was the same general type of snack type breakfast. The desk clerk was courteous and helpful. I would stay there again if I was in a bind but wouldn't stay for a vacation. It was on a very busy main road but it was surprisingly quiet and we got a good sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is as far from the street as possible.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Toledo, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I had to stay here unexpectedly when my flight was cancelled. I paid $89.85 for the most disgusting room i have ever seen. I was afraid to sit on the bed. It looked as though the extra lock protector that they put on the door had been kicked in numerous times. I am not sure which room they are using for their pictures but it surely isn't the one I was in. The elevator was so old and I thought for sure after it jerked me all over that it was going to fall back down to the first floor. I would recommend NOT staying here. Thank god I didn't come home with bugs!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jennifer I
kansas city
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

It is an old property. The outside needs serious work. The elevator was creepy. You had to be buzzed into the office even on a Sunday afternoon. But, the room itself was okay with pleasant furniture and a quality mattress. We stayed there because of the location on Sunrise Blvd and the price which incidentally was cheaper on the internet than at the front desk.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Exeter, RI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

We had booked in here for 2 nights and when we drove up to the hotel I couldn't get over how bad the neighborhood was! It got much worse when we got to our room. Even the pictures posted by customers on this site are still WAY better than the room we were given. It was disgusting, the walls had holes and were crumbling, it smelled horrible and the carpet was gross. I spent 2 hours on the phone trying to get a different hotel to stay at because there was no way I was going to sleep there and I was afraid to even sit down while I was on the phone. Also a note, I'd booked through Travelocity and when I tried calling them for help in finding a new hotel they just kept telling me my trip was non-refundable and refused to help me, even after I told them I will pay for a new hotel just get me out of here. They didn't care.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Princ3ss13
DeLand, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

This is the first motel I've seen where the AC unit is mounted a good 6 feet off the ground. I could not see the dial but had to guess at the settings. Not to mention the place is run down. They are in the process of remodeling but I don't think you can help this place. I've stayed at 2 different Travelodges in the last couple of months;both where run down and I probably wont stay at another Travelodge.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank journaltk
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed from July 10 to July 14 and we ordered our trip through Travelocity. When we arrive we had to change room twice because the first room no one was able to open the door. The next room was suppose to be non smoking however smelled like smoke really bad. The bathroom was so filthy i went out and got few things to clean it. I ask the front desk for new towels and they would say they were out! We wanted swimming pool with our hotel. We went to the beach and when we came back we realize the health dept. shut down the pool. They do have a Elevator however its so old and i thought out dated, because I thought we got stuck in it however after 5 mins inside it finally open. The floor was dirty we wore our shoes in the room because our feet would get black. The bed was horrible. The service was RUDE. Thats not the worse of it all, WE BROUGHT HOME BED BUGS!!!!!!! Please dont stay you been warn. Here is the picture of the pool that was shut down from the health dept.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple