“We love Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Ranked #2 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland, Ohio
“We love Homewood Suites”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Ft. Myers on the last night of our Florida vacation before heading out on a early flight. Our experience was great. The rooms in the Homewood Suites are consistently very nice - great bed, lots of pillows. It is more spacious than a standard hotel room, including a small kitchen, but not any more costly than a standard hotel room elsewhere. We love having room to spread out in the room a bit. The complimentary breakfast is outstanding, service and friendliness from all hotel staff was great. Only two small complaints - the heated outdoor pool was not heated nearly enough for a cool April evening, and bathroom includes a luxurious shower stall but no bathtub. Overall would highly recommend

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelermom
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you so much for posting your experience.

Please keep in mind for future reference, we actually have 2 different types of suites. It sounds like you had our studio suite, which have showers instead of tubs. We have another one bedroom suite that has a privacy wall between the bedroom and living/kitchen area. these suites to have a tub/shower.

Please keep us in mind for your next visit to Fort Myers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Mansfield
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Our second time staying here. Rooms very clean and modern. Loved the heated outdoor pool. The dining area was large and clean. Enjoyed the dinners and complimentary wine and beer. Will stay here again when we visit Fort Meyers area.

Room Tip: We like first floor. More convenient to dining area and pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank BabsMansfield
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to our brand.

I hope to see you again soon!
OZ
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I landed at this hotel by happenstance, I was desperate to get away from an awful situation -Spring break friends turned BAD. I did not know anyone in FL and needed a safe place to be. I immediately felt very welcomed at Homewood Suites. After her shift, Amy, checked on me to make sure I was in my room okay and brought me a bottle of wine. Knowing that I was alone, she graciously visited with me. Bernie took extra time to visit with me as well and gave me great directions on how to navigate Chicago O'Hare. Glen made sure that I arrived at the airport on time and wished me a Happy Easter with a hug. I cannot begin to thank the staff for all of their kindness. It made the biggest difference in my situaiton. I felt that I landed with family, which was a comforting relief. Beautiful accomodations and beautiful people. Thank you from Michigan

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank princesspia
Hello fellow Michigander!

I am sorry I did not get the opportunity to meet you. I was unfortunately on vacation during your stay. I am so glad that Amy, Bernie and Glen made you feel at home, and it sounds as if you have made some new friends.

I hope that you will stay with us on your next visit to Fort Myers.

Have a fabulous day!
cincinnati
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Homewood Suites is bar none, the place to stay in Fort Myers! My husband and my myself will not stay at any other hotel while in Fort Myers. I can assure anyone who chooses this property, will not be dissapointed. I can always tell a business that treats there employees well, because they always SHINE in there customer service. Thank you Fort Myers TEAM for all that you do for your guests.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sheena D
Sheena D.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

I will be sure to read your comments to my staff! They will be excited to hear your kind words.

Hope to see you back again soon.
Captiva Island, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We have stayed here twice now. It is a beautiful property, and the rooms are very functional. The employees are so friendly and helpful. It is quite new and very clean. Both times we have stayed here was because we had an early flight the next morning. This hotel is literally within minutes of the airport, and they provide shuttle service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Grayjay44
Thank you for posting this review.

Like many others, we have guests that live outside Fort Myers and they too take advantage of park and fly, or utilize our complimentary airport shuttle.

So glad we were here for you.

See you next time.
Indianapolis
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a really nice Homewood suites hotel, probably one of the nicest in the brand. Stayed for a meeting and room is super nice and great kitchen. Living room was real comfortable and great TV line up. Breakfast and lobby area were great too. And great location with big mall across the street and near the airport. Was a perfect stay and would go back and highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Greg S
Burlington, MA
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I flew nearly a million miles before retiring; that's a lot of nights in hotels. Now retired, I stayed at the Homewood Suites/FGCU in Fort Myers for 2 weeks on vacation. It was, hands down, the BEST stay at a hotel I've ever had. The suites are very comfortable; the price includes a hot breakfast every morning and a hot meal and beer/wine most evenings. The amenities include an outdoor pool and a workout room and WiFi throughout. The staff is exceptional. Every staff person makes eye contact even when simply walking down one of the corridors. The Homewood simply made me feel "at home" and I highly recommend it to the vacationer as well as the business person.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank dend321
debbieclark, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dennis,

Thank you for the email you sent, and thank you for this wonderful review.

We miss you, and can't wait to see you again next year!

Many smiles your way.