All reviews front desk twin peaks florida gulf coast university fort myers airport shopping and restaurants nice hotel breakfast buffet rental car business center one night stay convenient location would stay here again excellent stay short drive business trip fgcu hgi
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Walking distance to shopping and dinning. Very convenient and clean. The staff were very nice and professional . I would recommend this place. We didn’t use their restaurant but it looked ones nice. We did buy some snacks.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Thanks angvon2 for the kind review of your stay with us and your recommendation! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2018

Great location to FGCU college, food and shopping. Perfect destination for our daughter's graduation. The breakfast was excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful! We had a Junior Suite, which was a little small, but clean and comfortable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Thank you Lisaxanne for your nice review. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and congratulations to your daughter! FGCU is a great school and she must have worked very hard. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while traveling from Miami area to St. Pete's and it was a nice halfway spot. Room was in good condition, though for a suite the living room which was the first room you enter could use more lighting. The front desk staff were very friendly & helpful. There is a big shopping area across the street that has several good dining options.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Thank you Bravevoyager! Like the handle too by the way!! We appreciate the time that you took to share your experience with other brave travelers and let them know that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon, maybe on you return trip to St Pete. Safe travels and enjoy!

Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

I had stayed here, for the first time, back in February of this year. It was amazing. When I had a doctors appointment coming up in April, I knew this was where I wanted to be. Not so sure I will do this again. Complete disappointment. My first room smelled overwhelmingly musty and dirty. The bathroom had a very very bad odor. Asked to be moved.. which they did. However, the front desk person failed to notify the next shift that this had taken place. So when I came back to the hotel at midnight, I could not get into my room and the desk clerk on duty thought it would be in everybody’s best interest to argue with me and then call security to take me the my room. When I woke up this morning, I called the front desk to extend my stay one more night. Apparently there was no communication to housekeeping as at 3 o’clock in the afternoon, I was woken up on 4 occasions, over the span of an hour, to question whether or not I was leaving. After the first time I told them I renewed my reservation, she should have called the front desk to verify. Then LEFT ME ALONE to sleep. The front desk agents response when I finally went downstairs to complain....... well, if they don’t speak English, they couldn’t understand you. Seriously?! That’s going to be your response to me after having been woken up 4 separate times?! Here’s my thoughts; first, we are in America. English is our FIRST language. I should not be expected to communicate in Spanish to be left alone. Second, use your brain; call down to the front desk with your little walkie talkie to VERIFY why I am still there. Do this after you’ve woken me up the first time so I don’t get woken up 3 additional times! They use the walkie talkies to joke with each other. How about using them for what they were intended for?! COMMUNICATION PS.. both the women spoke English. Very disappointing stay. May not bother coming back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Kim G, Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We are very sorry for the miscommunication between departments here and will work to improve on the situation. You've had an "amazing" experience here before and we sincerely hope that you give us another chance to serve you the way that we know how. Thank you again and we will always work harder to earn your business.

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel! Great service! Awesome suite! BUT, kicked out the day after Hurricane Irma went through. Came around on a loud speaker saying people had to be out by a certain time. We had called after making this reservation in advance and were told on the phone that they had a backup generator, hurricane proof windows, etc. Things went as smoothly as they could at check in with all of the craziness taking place. They claimed they gave verbal and written notice about if no power after 24 hours, everybody would have to leave. We personally received no print/written notice, no verbal notice. And we had numerous interactions with management during our stay there, even extending our stay, and they mentioned NOTHING. I work in healthcare and had to remain in the area to go to work on Monday, and my husband and our daughter (along with our two dogs) had to walk up and down the stairs and get “our life” that we had packed up to evacuate out of the hotel while I worked. Loved the hotel, but this is horrible....would never evacuate to this hotel again. Have spoken with numerous other people and they were not kicked out of SpringHill Suites or Fairfield Inn. Cannot imagine the people who had no place to go, no transportation to go anywhere, no money to get out/into another hotel that was probably full, too. Nice work Hilton, highly disappointed in your abandonment of local people in dire need. They can write whatever response they wish. We were NOT given forewarning of being kicked out, we would have NEVER chosen to reserve a room here knowing that. We live on Marco Island with mandatory evacuation orders given and my husband and I both had to stay for work. Just want everybody to know that this is their policy—DO NOT EVACUATE HERE FOR A HURRICANE.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Islafam4
GmbestFortMyers_FL, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your experience here and that you liked the hotel and the service we provided during that dangerous storm. We are also happy that your family as well as all of ours, who were here too were kept comfortable and safe during the hurricane and that we all made it without injury or worse.
We are very sorry though that somehow we missed telling you that we do not have a generator. And that you didn't get the letter handed out to explaining this and the procedures that we were going to follow during the storm and the safety instructions that were given out to every family as they checked in and that we also had posted on the front desk during the entire weekend.
But, you are correct. We did have to evacuate the hotel the day after the hurricane because we lost power and our battery backups for all of our life safety equipment such as fire alarms, fire pumps and telephone services were running out. We had to do this because we could not guarantee the safety of your family or our own families any longer and we all had to leave.
So, again thank you for sharing your experience and making it clear to any other travelers in the future that if you are looking for a hotel to evacuate to when a Hurricane approaches and you need that hotel to stay open after the storm without proper safety guards, you should find a different hotel for that purpose.
We hope that you will come and enjoy staying with us again but, under much better and relaxing conditions. Travel Safely and be Hospitable!