“Great value for price”

Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers
Ranked #32 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 15 November 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a week during his Roy Hobbs baseball series. It was perfect for our needs...low cost but with ability to dine in-room. Plus the location was central to all the fields he played on. Only beefs were flat pillows and oil stains on clothes washed in hotel laundry room (the following day a sign appeared in the elevator warning of this...day too late). Also, though no fault of the hotel, we were without hot water for 3 nights of our stay due to a gas line explosion...wiped out gas service from Fort Myers down to Naples. We will definitely stay again, though.Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hill77

Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed for 3 nights on a vacation visit to Ft Myers. We had not been to a Suburban inn before, but got a great price and decided to try it out. We had a two double bed room and found it a bit crowded for a family of 4. The rooms would have been fantastic for one or two people though. Our third floor non-smoking room was clean well stocked. We found a few little things that a little inconvenient like being short on hanging space in bathroom for wet swimwear, kitchen behind door was awkward if someone wanted to come or go while another person was cooking, and the table was small and only had 2 chairs. The staff was kind enough to find us extra chairs and gave us extra towels on request.
(The other minor flaw had nothing to do with the hotel itself - there was a median on both streets and we had to do a u-turn half a block down to go either north or west. Just something to be aware of if you stay here.)
The swimming pool was nice and so was the laundry room.The plug-in internet service was good, but we could not get a good wi-fi signal in the room. The teenagers complained about lack of favorite TV channels but we we only there a couple of days, so not a big deal to us really. The location near the hi-way was good for us because we were sightseeing in the everglades and around town, but if you want to be near the beach this is a bit far.
This hotel would be great for a single, couple, or smaller family: but I would recommend for a larger family to go ahead and spend a little more and get a bigger place like one of the many condos nearer the beach.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank KMcoloradofamily
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My wife and I decided to take our infant son (7 mos.) out of town for a few days of a Florida "stay-cation" and settled on Fort Myers and the Extended Stay Suites in part because we were (until Choice Hotels changed their credit card program) Choice Members customers so we knew what we would likely get after a stay in a similar hotel in Chattanooga about 1 1/2 years ago.

We decided to go with the king bed efficiency over the one-bedroom suite simply because we wanted to have our son in the same living area as us when he slept, and the room certainly met our demands. A nice open area with plenty of room for his hotel-supplied crib (a pack-n-play he slept very well in) plus a small kitchen area helped us pass the time away indoors when he was too worn out to do anything outdoors. The kitchen came with a fridge, microwave, and two-burner stove with enough cookware and plates to feed two adults. There was also a small table and chairs in the cooking area for dining. The room as a whole was clean, the bathroom was clean, and the walls didn't seem to be paper thin which was a blessing with our rather vocal child. The only complaint about the actual room I had was a very limited selection of TV channels, which for most isn't a problem but for us a necessity since we were indoors quite a bit entertaining the baby. The wireless internet worked flawlessly which is more than I can say for quite a few hotels I've stayed in before.

Some previous reviews stated a musty smell to the place, and I have to admit the first night we were there the hallway did seem to be musty-- probably a combination of pet smell (they are pet-friendly) and humidity. But after the first night I didn't really notice it. The desk staff always seemed to be on the phone when I needed something, but they were in general very helpful although a bit stingy when giving out extra bath towels. The pool was very refreshing on blistering hot days, and what was really refreshing was three nights in what is essentially a small apartment just 15 minutes from the beach cost us only $180 (what some places on the beach charge per night).

The next time we're in Fort Myers we'll probably try to find something a little closer to the beach, but everything we needed from the hotel to make this trip pleasant was certainly met with this hotel. It's a nice option if you have a small child and are looking to save a few bucks while in town.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank travellingpuck
Reviewed 10 July 2009

had not stayed at a Suburban before. This one was a good choice. Room was nice with the kitchen etc - just what I needed for a 5 day stay. Staff was very nice - friendly. A well maintained hotel

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank GumboKing
Reviewed 29 March 2009

So, the room was good - great in fact if you need a little kitchenette. We were working an art show in Sanibel, so the location wasn't great, but if you're going to be in Ft. Myers - the location is fine. The only complaint I have is the bathtub. Stepping in at 6am on a Saturday....I thought something was wrong. It's enough to wake the people in your room and possibly in the room next to you. It looks like the remodel they did was to put in one of those "bath-fitter" things that fit over the existing bathtub. I thought it was just us until the person next to us stepped into their tub and it squeeked just as bad. Every movement in the tub will make the tub squeek - so it's not like just standing in one spot will work. Other than the bathroom (specifically the squeeky tub), the room was fine - especially for the great price.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank c5522
Reviewed 10 February 2009

Suburban Extended Stay
I stayed at the Suburban Extended Stay when I first Moved to Fort Myers. It was really well suited for that purpose. The room I stayed in had a small 2 two burner electric stove, with a auto shut off timer which I thought was really nice, since if other rooms had that it would keep people from starting a fire. It also had a fullsize fridge and a fully stock cabinate with pans dishes and silverware, I got to save some money because I did not have to eat out all the time. I also liked the lighting it was very bright. It also had wired internet, which I liked, because my new boss did not want me sending email to him over a wireless network. Finally I like the clealiness.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Keysraised
Reviewed 8 November 2008

My husband and I were attracted to this hotel property because their rates are low. We stayed only one night for several reasons. #1) Our room did not provide high-speed internet because a prior guest had stolen the necessary cable. The front desk suggested we go to a local discount store and purchase one for our personal use. #2) Our room was on the first floor, obviously used often by guests with pets. The urine smell was strong. Front desk offered to spray with room freshener, but unable to change rooms. #3) Guests in the neighboring room were fighting throughout the evening. Thin walls made it impossible to ignore. We will NEVER return to this hotel property.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Cherpig