“Really nice facility.”

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Really nice facility.”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I don't think there is a bad seat in the place. Good sound too. Parking isn't bad considering the number of people and cars.

Fort Myers, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful theater”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Ive seen many shows here and while not all of them impressed the theater always did. It is certainly the best in the area, All seats have great views with even the last row still being close to the stage. The acoustics in the venue are fantastic. If you come to Fort Myers and are going to see a show, this is where to watch it.

Visited December 2011
Merrimac, Wisconsin
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Barbara B Mann Performing Arts Hall made Jersey Boys feel like I was on stage with them.”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

WOW! My husband and I have seen Jersey Boys twice in Chicago and we liked it so much, we decided to see it in Ft Myers while we were there. First of all, getting to Barbara B Mann Performing Arts Hall was painless and the parking was FREE! There was enough parking for all the attendees. We arrived at the theatre 45 minutes early and had a chance to look at all the souvenirs that were on sale.

We saw the Feb 2 evening performance. We reviewed the playbill and noticed that 3 of the 4 leading performers were Tony-nominated. Very impressive!

The lobby was able to accommodate all the people that were waiting to enter the theatre. They sold snacks and drinks and the theatre posted signs that patrons were allowed to bring in their concession stand purchases into the theatre.

The ushers were very friendly and helped everyone get to their seats. At their seats, the ushers gave everyone a program. Since we decided at the last minute to buy tickets, we had seats in row X (basically, in the back by the door). Our line of sight to the stage was unobstructed. It actually was fun seeing everyone walk into the theatre.

The temperature in the theatre was perfect. I was wearing a sweater and was very comfortable. I do not know how the performers were since they had the lights on them and were wearing suits while dancing and singing. Their performance was top-notch so they must have been comfortable.

The demographics of the crowd was 80% over 55 years and older. These people were teenagers thoughout the Four Seasons' career. Having said that, they knew all the words and swayed to all the tunes. After key songs, they clapped. The performers responded to that and added to their performance. I think that the construction of the facilities must have something to do with the way their voices and the music floated throughout the theatre (so crisp and beautiful). It was a sold out crowd, yet, it felt like they were singing to me. I really believed that this theatre's sound system/construction is superior to what I heard in Chicago.

I definitely would go to another performance at the Barbara B Mann Performing Arts Hall.

Visited February 2012