This is my second stay in the hotel. On the plus side the location for something to do in the evenings is excellent. In addition the rooms are pretty basic-but clean
On the downside I would have to say its the crappiest shower I have had in a long time, more like a drizzle than a shower. If you have 10 extra minutes, you can get the shampoo out of your hair. Just hope it rains when you get up in the morning and step outside instead.
If you are a design freak for gosh sakes don't stay here. Waiting in the lobby this morning I noticed three separate attempts at decor going on all at the same time in the lobby, oy.
The staff does appear to care, you get a handful of materials when you check in, there are more when you get to the room. Again all of these look like one thought/program added on top of another, nothing cohesive.
Window A/C unit has a moldy smell. I live in FL, they don't have to smell like that, this one I noticed for sure each evening.
I will choose another place next time, too bad because this one is in a great spot for work. Rates are ok, I have paid less in Ft Myers-and gotten more
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Fort Myers Hotel is adjacent to the Bell Tower Shops where you are at the heart of Fort Myers with upscale shopping, dining and entertainment within close walking distance. The hotel offers free WI-FI, updated fitness center featuring Precor equipment, free business center with remote from room printing capability, female traveler rooms and upgraded Club Floor. Guest rooms now feature 4 power outlets bedside for charging and 8 oulets on the desktop for charging phones, laptops and electronics. Female traveler rooms feature ultra high power hair dryers, flat irons, make up remover, yoga mat and yoga DVD as well as added bath amenities. The Crowne Plaza location is central to Fort Myers, Cape Coral (5 mi), Naples (15 mi)and the beaches of Fort Myers, Sanibel and Captiva Islands (9 mi). The Bell Tower shops offer numerous upscale shopping experiences including such stores as Chico s, Talbots, Jared's Jewelry, Victoria s Secret, Bath and Body Works and Jos A Banks and The Fresh Market. Enjoy dining at one of the many unique flavors that the Bell Tower Shops offers such as Cru, Bistro 41, World of Beer, Blue Pointe Oyster Bar, T.G.I Fridays and Cantina Laredo. The Fresh Market features the finest gourmet foods, wines and beers. While in Fort Myers, visit the Thomas Edison/Henry Ford Winter Estates. The Crowne Plaza Fort Myers Hotel is located near the Boston Red Sox(JetBlue Park) & Minnesota Twins (Lee County Sports Complex) Spring Training facilities. Shoeless Joe's Sports bar located in the hotel is the best place to watch a game, and enjoy family fun and great food. The hotel Club level offers extra privacy and comfort. With over 10,000 square feet of meeting space our meeting planners and culinary team can handle all your meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Fort Myers At Bell Tower Shops Hotel Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Fort Myers At Bell Tower Shops Florida