“OK In Most Areas”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Apollo Beach, Florida
“OK In Most Areas”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is my second stay in the hotel. On the plus side the location for something to do in the evenings is excellent. In addition the rooms are pretty basic-but clean

On the downside I would have to say its the crappiest shower I have had in a long time, more like a drizzle than a shower. If you have 10 extra minutes, you can get the shampoo out of your hair. Just hope it rains when you get up in the morning and step outside instead.

If you are a design freak for gosh sakes don't stay here. Waiting in the lobby this morning I noticed three separate attempts at decor going on all at the same time in the lobby, oy.

The staff does appear to care, you get a handful of materials when you check in, there are more when you get to the room. Again all of these look like one thought/program added on top of another, nothing cohesive.

Window A/C unit has a moldy smell. I live in FL, they don't have to smell like that, this one I noticed for sure each evening.

I will choose another place next time, too bad because this one is in a great spot for work. Rates are ok, I have paid less in Ft Myers-and gotten more

Room Tip: all rooms look over the parking lot
1 Thank WorldTravelRod
Crownefmy, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear Worldtravelrod,
My staff and I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we apologize that you did not find your stay the enjoyable experience that it should have been. I hope you mentioned to our staff the problem with the showerhead and AC as I can assure you that this is not normal and something we can correct. Additionally we do have rooms that offer a pool view, should you choose to give us another opportunity. Again, I wish we had the opportunity to correct the problems you noted, the satisfaction of our guests is of ultimate concern to myself and our Crowne Plaza team. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have been staying at the crown for about 3 years now.It's my home away from home.Their club level service is excellent.Stacy service in the club level is fantastic she goes out of her way to make your stay excellent.That's why I keep coming back.

5 Thank Frank L
Dear Frank L,
Thank you very much for the nice review you submitted of the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and we are delighted to have you as a long standing guest. We are fortunate enough to have many guests that return on a regular basis and it is always nice to hear from them. I will be sure to let Stacey know you enjoyed your visit to the Club level and the rest of our team that you enjoy their service efforts. I hope we see you back here soon.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 February 2012

An excellent experience, staff was outstanding and friendly. I well done to Stacey at the Priortiy Club level. She was so friendly and helped make the evening very relaxing. The food at the club level was excellent, a very well done to the chef.

Daniel M

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank D M
Dear Daniel M,
It was really great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and the service you recieved from our team here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers. We are always working hard to make each guest visit a positive and memorable experience. Thank you for your kind words about Stacey and our Chef regarding the Club level. I will let them know what a good job they are doing. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
jupiter
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Stacey on the Club level made my stay very enjoyable. That is why the Crowne Plaza is always my first choice when I am in Fort Myers.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MTRT
Dear MTRT,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoy staying with us here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and for your kind words regarding Stacey, our Club level attendant. I will be sure to let her know. We appreciate your choosing the Crowne Plaza when in Ft. Myers and hope you will be able to return again soon. Thank you.
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I always stay at this facility when travelling in the Ft. Myers area. The staff is always friendly. Stacey, who is on the club level is always friendly and makes it easy to relax while you are there. Her personality makes it a great place for myuself and other patrons to come and unwind. Just a great place to stay while you are in the area.

3 Thank richm556
Dear Rich M,
Thanks so much for letting us know you enjoy staying here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and have enjoyed meeting Stacey and the added services we offer on our Club floor. We try to upgrade our Priority Club members to the Club floor whenever possible. It really has some nice amenities. I will make a point to let Staey know you appreciated her extra service and we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I am in Fort Myers, Florida and tryed some hotels and when I found the Crowne Plaza in Fort Myers, I stopped looking. The service and friendly employees are as good as the weather in this area. I left snow and ice in Pittsburgh and I found no other place to stay that is as clean, personal, friendly and helpfull especially Stephanie in sales and Stacey on the 5th floor cookie lady. I will stay at this first class hotel when I come to Fort Myers, Florida.

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Larry K
Dear Larry K,
We thank you very much for your kind review of the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and we are delighted that you found a home with us when away from Pittsburgh. I will be sure that Stephnaie and Stacey both know you enjoyed their service. I know they will appreciate hearing that. We look forward to seeing you again soon, especially with the wonderful weather we have been having! Thank you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I was there in a conference but found myself on my own quite a bit. Stacey on the clublevel bar/reception area was friendly and welcoming and made it really easy to relax with a drink and talk to other hotel patrons. And what an amazing memory! I watched her greet people that had stayed there a year ago and she still remembered their profession and something about their interaction.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Mari312937
Dear Mari312937,
Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and the extra services in our Club lounge. Many of our regular and return guests tell us they enjoy the extra touches we offer there. I will be sure to thank Stacey for her extra effort and her good memory. We hope to see you again soon.