“Not to shabby ...off the beaten path”

Lovers Key State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Park is not associated with Bonita Springs Dog Beach. Enjoy swimming, sunbathing, shelling, fishing, hiking, bicycling, wildlife watching, canoeing/kayaking, geocaching and more.
Reviewed February 25, 2012

If you are into hiking or canoeing or just being around nature this is the place for you. Reviews says this place is for weddings and that you can see manatees and bottle nose dolpins. I'm sure that's all true but we saw no wild life and nobody got married while we were there. Hardly any shells either. It has a great concession stand and bathrooms. If I had to do it over I might get a canoe or some other way to see the sights. It's not super crowded during the week. Nice tram service although our driver collided into side of bridge and scared everyone...nobody was hurt and I lived to tell about it. If you aren't to busy ck this place out. If you love canoes you def need to come to this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,447)
All reviews
in 43 reviews
"snack bar"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed February 24, 2012

There's nothing like spending the day at Lovers Key State Park. We bring a cooler with water and lunch, rent beach chairs & an umbrella and enjoy our own Corona commercial! The waters are beautiful, shelling passes the time, you can wade far out into the warm Gulf waters and it's just spectacular! Don't miss the opportunity to enjoy Lovers Key.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Excellent - hire a canoe and you can paddle up and down the creeks for better views of the manatees

1  Thank photographywidow
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I was expecting an amazing beach but it wasn't as beautiful as the reviews suggested. The sand was course and there was only a small portion that you could sit on. I think that it is more of a place to go and kayak, fish or ride a bike. It was quiet and had clean facilities. I'm glad that I went but would not make it an effort to return for if I were going to a beach.

2  Thank Remycub