“Not to shabby ...off the beaten path”

Lovers Key State Park
Book In Advance
More Info
US$21.20*
and up
Dolphin and Wildlife Cruise in Fort Myers Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Park is not associated with Bonita Springs Dog Beach. Enjoy swimming, sunbathing, shelling, fishing, hiking, bicycling, wildlife watching, canoeing/kayaking, geocaching and more.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not to shabby ...off the beaten path”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

If you are into hiking or canoeing or just being around nature this is the place for you. Reviews says this place is for weddings and that you can see manatees and bottle nose dolpins. I'm sure that's all true but we saw no wild life and nobody got married while we were there. Hardly any shells either. It has a great concession stand and bathrooms. If I had to do it over I might get a canoe or some other way to see the sights. It's not super crowded during the week. Nice tram service although our driver collided into side of bridge and scared everyone...nobody was hurt and I lived to tell about it. If you aren't to busy ck this place out. If you love canoes you def need to come to this place.

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
Orland Park, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“What a View”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

There's nothing like spending the day at Lovers Key State Park. We bring a cooler with water and lunch, rent beach chairs & an umbrella and enjoy our own Corona commercial! The waters are beautiful, shelling passes the time, you can wade far out into the warm Gulf waters and it's just spectacular! Don't miss the opportunity to enjoy Lovers Key.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Manatees”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Excellent - hire a canoe and you can paddle up and down the creeks for better views of the manatees

1 Thank photographywidow
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Not the Paradise that I read about.”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I was expecting an amazing beach but it wasn't as beautiful as the reviews suggested. The sand was course and there was only a small portion that you could sit on. I think that it is more of a place to go and kayak, fish or ride a bike. It was quiet and had clean facilities. I'm glad that I went but would not make it an effort to return for if I were going to a beach.

2 Thank Remycub
Rushford, Minnesota
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Quieter beach to enjoy”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We went sight-seeing and found this quieter beach with a good view of the bridge, bay and gulf with seashells, pellicans and other birds.