All reviews across the street great location full kitchen stayed long boat fishing quiet road manatees and dolphins fort myers old florida beach chairs beach house restaurants and shopping bit dated small kitchen cathy motel dock
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Where to start! Steve ,Cathy (and their son Sean) are amazing. They really put in the extra efforts to make you feel right at home. These mini villas have pretty much everything you need, and if you have wants for more the management will do their best to get or inform you where to get it for you. I spent a week on these premises and with everything within walking distance, pretty much on my door step ,I couldn't find any faults in this review. After spending a few nights being kicked out a bed by my lovely sister, I was more than happy to get a decent nights kip. I got that and more when I walked into this lovely place, a two/three bed and a full bath, spacious living-come-kitchen area. My family within ear-shot distance, there really isn't much more I could ask for. A lovely sized pool right out side my door, a laundry room fully equipped with all that you need, washer ,dryer (very fast) and even detergent! Bbq's a plenty ,we had one outside our villa, and even seating areas. Let's not forget the balconies, perfect for a smoker ,or a sun-godess lover!!

We ate bbq'd most nights ,and it was a fun and chilled atmosphere. Steve took us out on his boat to enjoy the delights of the harbour ,and even offered us a beverage. There was fishing rods, books and other such pastimes to borrow if you needed it. The location is prime , the sea on our door step, walk 200 yards and you'll see yourself blessed with a sandy white beach plenty an area to sunbathe or take in the warm sea. There's a seven-eleven a two minute walk from this property for your bits and bobs. A great bus service on the opposite side of the road ,that talks you all over the island and to the main land (fort myers), on this route you can stop and shop at many services ; publix, cvs etc. We ate out the first night and took in the view in a restaurant, i cannot for the life of me remember the name of it ,it's a short distance from the clock tower. Lovely fresh fish ,you can't say no to.

When we went to the island (sanibel) for two nights for the main wedding itself, cathy had taken care of 'touching up' our villas, this little extra touch did not go un-noticed. Thank you!! We did have a cleaning service available to us ,each and every morning. Whilst we didn't indulge in this until day 5/6 , it was a nice touch. I'm used to facilities offering cleaning staff after the first week/third day and that's it. Having one come to you every single day was a bonus.

To shorten this review up; prime location , fantastic management , beautiful scenery ,and reasonable prices. I cannot wait to one day return, and will continue to recommend this amazing property and it's people to all that wish to hear. Steve and Cathy ,thank you very much for making me feel right at home ,and for indulging my families every whim!

Room Tip: Each room is great in it's own way, however villas to the back seem a bit more spacious and youre right by the pool what more could you want!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lisafaceire88
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The Holiday Court is a fantastic place for couples. We rented unit 2 and loved every minute of our stay. Across the street is the ocean, we used the complimentary kayaks for adventure. The couple that run The Holiday Court are absolutely wonderful people. You will not the disappointed in staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lovenazare
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Recently my husband and I brought others with us this time. We booked 4 rooms. All were wonderful!! Again!! This is our second trip there. Although it's not fancy it's such a warm, friendly and clean place to stay. Location is great. Walk to town center and the ocean. They're just across the street. Each room/cabin, etc. has everything you need including kitchens. Our favorite room is #18. It's the largest and closest to the bay lagoon. We fish right from the docs. The owners of this place, Steve and Kathy, are quite friendly and work hard to make this place so wonderful. We will be returning many times. You can't beat the bang for your buck here.

Room Tip: If you are staying in one the least expensive rooms request #8. Nice water view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Patty T
Reviewed May 17, 2014

For the price you can't go wrong staying here. We rented a small freestanding cabin that had a living room/kitchen combo, bedroom with king bed and a bathroom. The kitchen has full refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster and coffee maker with free coffee. There is a laundry room at the back of the hotel that is free for guests including detergent which is something you won't find at many places. The front of the hotel is across the street from a small beachfront park and the beach is only about 100 yards away. The rear of the property faces an inlet from the inner harbor and has grills for cooking, 2 docks, a small pool and 4 kayaks that are also free to use. The location is just steps from all of the shops and restaurants around Times Square but it was always quiet at the hotel.

The only minor fault that I can think of is that at checkin we were basically handed a key and were pointed to our room, leaving us to figure out everything on our own. My wife and I are experienced travelers so it wasn't a big deal for us but some people might be a little put off by it. I think most of the clientelle there are repeat visitors and already know the place. That being said, the owners were helpful with any questions we had and let us checkout late so we didn't have to head for the airport too early. While Fort Myers Beach is a nice spot to visit it's probably not a place we'll return to but if we did we would definately stay at the Holiday Court.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayCourt, Owner at The Holiday Court, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for the very kind review. It sounds like all was well during your week-long stay.

It is typical to provide the room key and point of the location of your room. Very little explanation is needed even for the most inexperienced guests. There is a kitchen, a living room, a bathroom, and a bedroom. The Wi-Fi network is usually given upon check-in and we are here for other questions........if there are any.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed for a few nights and the location was great but this is a budget hotel, the accommodations are what the price suggests, low end. Located directly across the street from the beach and very close to all the action by the pier. The rooms were clean and tidy but dated. They have kitchenettes and a fridge/freezer and a stove and micro so if you wanted to eat in and cook you would have no problem. Don't get me wrong, we were looking for cheap hotel rooms and this is exactly what this was. Front office staff was friendly and helpful and everyone that stayed there seemed really friendly, had a very cool beach friendly vibe. If you need an inexpensive place to stay on the beach this would be fine but set your expectations accordingly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaydog72

Set your expectations high......very high.

Our location is excellent. very very close to a dozen restaurants, shops, and nightly entertainment, and a short walk right across the street to Fort Myers Beach on the Gulf of Mexico.

All the rooms have kitchens with refrigerator/freezer, stove with oven, microwave, coffee maker (coffee cream and sugar provided), toaster, and plates, silverware, pots, etc.

Free Wi-Fi and cable tv too.

In addition to our pool, there are both propane and charcoal grills available, seating areas along the docks, paddleboat, kayaks, and free dock space if you come by boat.

Is there something else you would like? a cooler, beach chairs, beach towels ?

If you come to the holiday court motel.......set your standards high.......