All reviews nice pool old florida great little place within walking distance heavenly biscuit pool deck location is great beds were comfortable cheryl walt beach mile grocery mattresses rates microwave gulf
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I had a little get-away. This is definitely an old style motel, but our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We were even offered beach chairs an an umbrella along with beach towels. Was a nice place to stay for the money.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

With a little hesitation I stayed there after Cheryl and Walt sold it in January. The new owner is still in Tennessee. His brother was there twice for business. With this in mind there seems to be little pride in the management keeping this hotel up. up. In over a week the pool was not cleaned. Cigarette buts we’re under the table the whole time. The pool deck had weeds growing through it. The pool lounge chairs need to be redone. We had the first room that the television was broken. New room. It had bed bugs in it. So the day before we left it was sprayed. I have bites all over. No newspapers anymore. The manager does not come until 10:00 so if you have an early flight check out the night before. They charge your credit card when you arrive- no refunds. $15.00 for a lost towel. The rates have gone up. Cost for children and extra person are $5.00 more a night. The management claims they are Cheryl’s rates but they are not. $15.00 increase on all rooms for 2018. This makes no sense cause the smaller rooms are going up more percentage wise. We are used to an almost full hotel but we had less than 4 rooms average the whole week. I would not stay here.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank W3901AQcaroll
Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

We where not overly Impressed with this Hotel. From the outside it looks as if it’s straight from the 70ies. Check-in went swift, parking just outside the room. What was nice about the room was a small courtyard out in the back with a table and chairs. The size of the room was Good, beds comfortable and everything quiet. What we didn’t like was that it was very gloomy. Everything worn down and outdated. And there was a funny smell. I guess the room is not aired enough. The Air conditioning was very noisy. If you just need a place to crash I guess the Hotel is ok. But to enjoy hollidays....

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mick-Hotwaterbottle
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

The rooms were really cute inside and the pool access right outside of every room was awesome. I would definitely stay again with the reasonable pricing for ft Myers beach. Also office staff was very friendly.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2017

have been going to the Beach Shell Inn for about 10 years now, so convenient to everything and the beach is right there.the whole staff is wonderful, have never had any problems..will continue to make this place my vacation spot for years to come!

Date of stay: March 2017