3,979 results
All reviews main building sanibel view captiva building main pool the white sands breakfast buffet paddle boards room key full kitchen each morning dolphin tour chairs and umbrellas one bedroom suite family vacation screened in porch washer and dryer an umbrella
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Once again we were delighted to stay here. It’s always nice when your room is ready when you arrive early and for me it’s the little things like that which will keep us coming back! The breakfast is amazing and the it’s always one of my highlights of the trip. Even with the red tide and the smell by the water it wasn’t bad and my wife and I had a wonderful time. We went paddle boarding too. The only issue we had was the person running the omelette bar today was extremely rude. It was a red haired white female and she couldn’t care less when you asked questions. She made you feel like you were bothering her. When my wife ordered a waffle part of it broke she it put them on two separate plates for some reason and just slammed them down in front of my wife. It was actually pretty uncomfortable and have never been treated like that while staying here.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Michael S
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Beginning with the friendly staff, the Pink Shell is top notch. Whether the pool or Beach is your thing you simply have the best. Food and restaurants are good and comfortable rooms make the Pink Shell our only choice in Ft Myers.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2018

You would be hard pressed to find a place with a nicer, more caring staff than here. The resort itself is amazing. Add to that a staff that treats you like you are the only person there and they want to make sure you have an experience of a lifetime. It just doesn't get better. The resort has everything you could want and Ft. Myers Beach is wonderful. You would be doing yourself a favor to visit here.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens) stayed in the Captiva Villas. I was initially a little worried about the prospect of all of us in a 1 BR, but the layout was spacious and the view terrific. Pros of the room: lots of space, full size refrigerator, great views, spacious balcony, huge and beautiful bathroom, plenty of storage. Cons of the room: While the bathroom is huge and the toilet is in a separate room, you still walk through the bathroom to get to it; the shower is all glass so in a family situation, no one else can use the toilet or the rest of the bathroom when someone is showering. Since the bathroom is also the only room with a mirror for makeup/hair/etc it is kind of inconvenient. The carpet and some of the furniture were somewhat worn. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but compared to the rest of the resort, it was a bit of a letdown. The sofa was not particularly comfortable at.all. Also, not enough outlets for all of us, except in the bedroom.

We were there during a fairly bad week of red tide, although we weren't bothered by respiratory irritation, there were dead fish and virtually no one tried the water. Like many other reviewers, I know this isn't the resort's fault in any way, but it would have been nice if they had added some more activities and provided some additional guidance about whether it was actually okay to be in the water or not.

The very best thing about the Pink Shell is the amazing staff. Everywhere we went at the resort, without fail, the staff were friendly and helpful. It was impressive to hear many of them say they had been working there 10 years or more. In particular, the staff at the jet ski rental, the boutique, check-in and poolside service were terrific. Our first day there, we met Anthony at the grill and he was so friendly and helpful, including giving us great tips on places to stop at in town. The breakfast staff was also cheerful and fun on the mornings we went down for breakfast, especially Lloyd who helped us out a few times. The only area I would avoid is the concierge. While helpful in answering questions, every time you approach the desk, you will get the timeshare pitch.

My daughter and I also spent some time in the Aquagene Spa. The atmosphere was so relaxing and again more amazing staff both at the desk and our services with Alex and Alexis.

One thing I was very much looking forward to was the complimentary photo session on the beach. We were so lucky to have a beautiful evening and Robin our photographer was fabulous. When I booked the session, I was asked if I wanted the complimentary session (20-30 minutes) or wanted to pay $399 for an hour session where you got to keep all the digital images. I took the complimentary session, realizing that purchasing professional photos was not going to be inexpensive. However, I was surprised when I finally got the proofs to get an email that said it was $390 for digital copies of the 27 pictures we had taken. When I emailed to comment on it, they told me as a resort guest I could get them for $355. Then I had to email again to request the code to actually get them for $355. So, $399 for 1 hour of photos with digital copies or $355 for half that time. I love my pictures, but I wish the representative had been more forthcoming on the differences and easier to get in touch with when I had questions.

Overall, this is a beautiful resort with lots of ammenities, The rooms could use a little bit of updating, but the staff make your stay extra special.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cesejs
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Thank you and shout out to your incredible staff: Edwin Garcia, Francis, Gary Lee, Deysi Ynoa, Danielle Van Coeur, Rodney Sasher, LeeAnn Camp, Vance Joseph and Wilkenson Glesil!!!!! The Pink Shell event was everything we dreamed of and more from the planning to the awesome activities, delicious food and the professional execution of everything was just PERFECT! Your team and your facilities #ROCK!

Room tip: Beautiful ocean views-sunsets.
Date of stay: August 2018