I have always researched on Tripadvisor before vacations, spring break 2012 was no exception. The only thing we knew is that we wanted to visit someplace different in FL close to Sanibel. We have vacationed on Sanibel for many years and were ready for a change. I found the Best Western and the reviews were pretty good so we chose them for our mother daughter get away.
Upon our arrival to Fort Myers Beach, I could not have been happier! Our flight came in early so we were actually able to check in early which was wonderful because that gave us extra time on the beach. All of the staff were friendly and one of them had the resident Macall on his shoulder most of the time. We had a single room with two double beds which had a pretty good sized kitchen. The room was a bit small but it was ok for two people, my daughter and I. Besides, we were never there except to sleep. The great thing is that the Best Western has several different room styles for your family.
The Best Western is wonderfully quiet. It is down from Times Squares, about a 10 minute walk down the beach, or less to the pier. My daughter is 20 and on spring break but really wanted a break! What was nice about their location is that you could walk down to where most of the reastaurants and shops were (times square). THAT is where you will find all your spring breakers!! We were there the first week of March and there were only a few colleges there but lots of people. So, for us, Best Western gave us the best of both worlds!
As for our room, the kitchen was great! We had a car so we drove down to Publix to get a few grocerys to stock the kitchen. Publix is quite a ways down but there is a 7 11 about a three minute walk down from the hotel. The hotel had a great free breakfast every morning so we were covered there. For lunch we made sandwiches in the room and took them to the pool and ate poolside. (which by the way, if you want a good chair, or a chair at all, get to the pool early and put your towel on them to reserve them. I felt cheesy at first but when in rome...) You can rent chairs on the beach but really, not worth it when you can get a chair at the pool which is right on the beach anyhow. or like we did a couple times, just take your towel out and relax! Then for dinner we walked down to Times Square to eat. We had a room on the second floor that overlooked the pool. It was great! That's the one thing about this hotel.. you can not go wrong with whichever room you get because they all overlook the beach. We could lay in our bed and have a view of the poo, the palm trees, the beach and the waves..... it was so incredably relaxing words can not describe.
As I mentioned before we have always vacationed on Sanibel. Well, not anymore. I will book this hotel from now on. It's perfect. You are only a short drive to... well ... anything you need. And the shelling???? Our first day there I was trying to figure out how Sanibel can claim they have the best shelling.... we found shells that we had never found on Sanibel and even found several sand dollars that we had never found on Sanibel either. Nice white sand that was soft and clean. This was supposed to be a laying on the beach and enjoy ourselves vacation so the only site seeing we did was head to the outlet mall which was great. (Miramar)
In conclusion, we will deffinitly stay here agin. We met one family who has been coming to this hotel for 19 years. The parents were in their 80's and all there kids and grandkids get together each year at this hotel! Special Place!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come discover the BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Myers Beach Resort Hotel, located in the Town of Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Our resort is located directly on a secluded beach at the north end of Estero Island overlooking the Gulf of Mexico where fiery sunsets will leave you spellbound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Best Western Beach Hotel
- Best Western Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers Beach Best Western
- Best Western Plus Beach Resort Fort Myers Beach, Florida