This was our 3rd visit to this hotel and it keeps getting better. The resort is on the quieter stretch of Fort Myers beach and an easy 10 minute stroll to Times Square either by beach or along the road. The construction on the road in front of the resort is now complete with nicely landscaped sidewalk.
We had king room 512 and it had lovely views. All the rooms have balcony beach views and the higher floors have even better views over top of the palm trees. The rooms are perfectly appointed with comfortable beds, complete kitchen and free internet.
The breakfast which is included with the room rate is great! This year they were offering breakfast egg & sausage sandwiches on biscuit or croissant along with their regular waffle machine, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries, donuts, hard boiled eggs, juice & coffee. There is an area to eat in the lobby or you can take a breakfast tray and enjoy in your room.
The grounds and hotel are impeccably cared for and the beach seemed even wider and whiter this year! We always enjoy watching the dolphins swimming by less than 10 feet from shore. Coco the resident parrot (for 19 years) is a pleasure to visit and it’s fun to listen to his “imitating” chatter. The pool is very nice and you have perfect views of the beach while lounging by the pool.
There are lots of eating spots to enjoy in the Times Square area. Our favourite is the Beached Whale sitting upstairs on the outdoor patio. We also enjoy the patio at Nervous Nellies overlooking the bridge and the inter-coastal. There was also musical entertainment which made this experience even more enjoyable. Another favourite was Ola? a Mexican restaurant in Times Square with a nice outdoor patio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come discover the Best Western Plus Fort Myers Beach Resort Hotel, located in the Town of Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Our resort is located directly on a secluded beach at the north end of Estero Island overlooking the Gulf of Mexico where fiery sunsets will leave you spellbound. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Best Western, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Best Western Beach Hotel
- Best Western Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers Beach Best Western
- Best Western Plus Beach Resort Fort Myers Beach, Florida