“20 yrs of marriage...honeymoon finally!”

DiamondHead Beach Resort
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Romeo, Michigan
“20 yrs of marriage...honeymoon finally!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

For a couple who never has traveled we are a little picky. Especially when it comes to a hotel room. Diamond head was the best!!! The room itself was was roomy and clean. It was overlooking the pool A N D the gulf. I love the size of the balcony. We had our friends over that live in Florida and there was plenty of room for all of us to enjoy the view together. Nice walk to TimeSquare for dinner with lots of choices to eat and bars to people watch. The pool was always beautiful and never over crowded with great bar service and a snack bar. Definately going back!

Room Tip: I should have wrote my review sooner so I could remember our room number but when I called I just as...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank duellman5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I booked one night to celebrate my husbands 33rd birthday. We come from Palm Beach County, FL so the drive was arduous but when we arrived we were so glad to be staying at the Diamonhead. All other inns or motels we passes on the way in looked dilapidated and old.

Check in was a breeze and front desk ladies were very nice!

Upon entrance to our room I was delighted. I had booked a gulf view room instead of the upgrade to the beachfront. I'm so happy I made that choice. We were on the 12th floor right on the corner so to our right we could see Estero Blvd, all of the channels, and houses. Our view in front was the beach and shore line, basically a great 180 degree view of Ft. Myers Beach!

Unfortunately it was too cold to go onto the beach or in the pool. We took advantage of the two for one drink special and the bartender was very kind.

The room was immaculate and very well furnished. The toiletries provided were of great quality. Additional pillows and comforters were clean and soft. The kitchenette area was perfect with all utensils and flatware necessary, including complimentary coffee and tea (which was perfect to drink outside on the balcony wrapped up warm).

It's unfortunate we were only staying one night. I would return (during a warmer season) to stay at Diamondhead and enjoy the many activities scheduled.

Thanks for your kindness, attention to detail, and overall excellence.

The Brown's
Palm Beach, FL

• Stayed January 2012
7 Thank Jabrown80
Harwich Port, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My wife and I are just back from 6 days at DiamondHead and the resort exceeded our expectations. Our 12th floor suite was roomy, clean and totally comfortable with a lanai overlooking the pool and beach - not overly fancy but far superior to the typical hotel room, even at very nice and far more expensive places. The suite had a kitchenette and 2 flat screen TV's. The staff, without exception, was friendly and helpful - responsive to all requests (i.e. two coffee packs instead of one; cleaned room early one day so we could watch football playoff game w/o interruption, extended checkout by a hour, etc.). The pool area drink/food servers were the best we've experienced - sociable and efficient - always available to see if we needed anything. There were a lot of little touches - entertainment at the pool and in the lounge, free newspaper, welcome coupons, activities at the pool, easy parking, etc. And the location, on the beach and a half mile from the center of town (Times Square"), is ideal. We can't imagine a better place place to stay.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Eric G
Seacoast, NH
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Okay, so I am writing this while we are staying at this resort, after only the third day of our nine day stay. Both my husband and I are really impressed with this place. The room/suite is amazing and fully equipped. Most importantly though, it's CLEAN! The housekeeping staff does an excellent job of keeping things spotless and inviting. This morning before we set out for today's jaunt I took all the dishes/silverware/glassware from the room (service for four) and put everything in the dishwasher so we'd have nice clean utensils and tableware for dinner. I did this with the assumption that I would empty the dishwasher when we returned for our evening meal. I was completely blown away to find that our housekeeper, whoever he or she (an angel) may be, emptied the dishwasher and put everything away. I know it's not maybe such a big deal, but in many ways it was. It's the little things that count and this property has so many little niceties and that whole CLEAN thing going on, I just had to write and express my gratitude. Oh, and everyone we have spoken to (hotel staff) while we have been here, has been genuinely outgoing and positive. We are truly having a nice time. There's a lot that sparkles here at DiamondHead!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Alsatian5
Tiverton, R I
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My husband and I went to Ft Myers for a long weekent to relax Dec 8th to the 11th,2011. We have stayed at other Sunstream properties in Florida so I felt comfortable making our first reservation here. The bellman,front desk staff, pool waiters and waitresses, dining room personell and the maids were all OUTSTANDING!! The property is situated right on the beach and its pretty nice. The pool was great, really clean, and it was heated. Our room faced the gulf and the pool/ It was a one bedroom suite and just right for 2 people, very comfortable. We had a full balcony with lounge chairs and a nice size table with 4 chairs. The hotel is walking distance to the market, resteraunts and the Times Square area, as well as the pier. It is Old Florida and has its charm. It has a Jimmy Buffet feel. Now the reason my trip was not perfect is because folks love to smoke at Ft Myers Beach. They smoke on the balconies,at the pool, on the beach and there are butts all over the sidewalk to Times Square. It is dirty and smelly. People smoke everywhere outdoors. My husband and I had to move twice at poolside because of the cigarette smoke. If I want to inhale smoke and die of cancer I will lite one up myself.It is not fair that I should have my trip ruined because of secondhand smoke. We also travel to Naples. There is no smoking at poolside at the suntream property ther but there is a designated area far enough away from the general population to smoke. There is no smoking on balconies either. There are no cigarette butts littering the streets to 5th ave. So as much as I loved the staff at Diamondhead, the beach, the room, and the Jimmy Buffet feel of Times Square, I wont return because of the second hand smoke. It was sooo heavy!! What a shame. Do not bring your children to Fort Myers or to the hotel because the smoking is awful and would put thier health at risk.

Room Tip: Try to get a gulfview room Wonerful to gaze out over the ocean ferom your balcony
8 Thank maph756
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Beautiful beachfront resort within walking distance to food and entertaiment. The staff was probably the nicest we've encountered in our travels. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and just the right size for a couple. The beachfront condos have an amazing view of the sunsets from the screened lanai. I did not like that there was a charge for beach chairs but the hotel offered them for free during our week due to renovations going on by the pool. That was a nice touch. I would definitely stay here again.

6 Thank Ann14223
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We have stayed at Diamondhead several times, as we try to come to Fort Myers from Michigan once a year. We absolutely love the location, the view, and the private screened balcony. We have stayed in beach hotels all over the country and most simply charge a lot for the ocean experience rather than try to maintain a quality hotel. Diamondhead is clean and comfortable. While it is a tad pricey, we find that it is worth it to stay in a place that has been consistently excellent. If you want fun and excitement and roaches, check out the reviews for the Lani Kai right down the road. Yikes.

8 Thank lauren g