Open today: 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Review Highlights

Great Surf Shop

Reviewed May 13, 2018
Charlotte D
via mobile

All reviews sparky beginners clothing ft pierce fun
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

I was staying in Ft. Pierce to do some body boarding and my old trunks started falling apart. Spunky’s came to the rescue! I decided to stop by the shop to see if they had some trunks and so glad I did. It’s a great local surf shop with lots of surf merchandise, clothing, and boards. There’s three changing rooms to try on the clothes. I found a pair of Billabong trunks and got a Spunky’s T-shirt too. Spunky, the owner, was there and he’s a wealth of surfing knowledge and great to talk to. I loved looking around the store and checking out the boards. Next time I’m in Ft. Pierce, I’ll definitely stop by for another visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Spunky's is a great little surf shop. They have all your surfing supplies and rent surf boards. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Great surf shop always a good time and fun to visit spunky! Was a daily stop for us while we were in town! Has everything a surfer needs from the beginner to the hard core. Stories and his knowledge alone worth the stop.

Reviewed December 29, 2017

I believe that this is our 2nd or 3rd time renting from Spunky's surf shop. Each time we're greated by either Spunky himself or another one of his helpful staff. We were sorry to hear that his dog passed away since we last visited. He was a really sweet pooch! They're prices are really reasonable for a week's rental and are certainly conveniently located near the condo zone and beach/surfing areas. He's quite the salesman too.. trying to get us to stay another day just b'c the wind's changing and the conditions are going to be awesome... .nice try Spunky... LOL. We highly recommend popping in for any rental equipment, clothing, or to check out a local legend!!! Surfs up!

Reviewed June 22, 2017

went in for a pair of flops... left with 2 pair awesome prices and great board selection also... ....

Reviewed January 2, 2017

We rented a board for our son - the owner was helpful and knowledgeable and made a great suggestion where to go to catch some waves. The board was decent and he provided the leash and wax gratis. Great little shop, highly recommend.

Reviewed December 19, 2015

Yes, Spunky's has Great Surfboard Rental & Sales. ccessories are a bit pricey (you can get them on the internet) but if you're in a hurry then you might as well support this historic surf shop.
Bruce "Spunky" Strunk has been a part of the surf evolution and Ocean Conservation revolution. This place is full of great information regarding the growing surf culture. Additionally, Spunky can tell you what conditions are best and when/where to catch the next clean swell.
Call to get directions because Google Maps has it in a funky part of town. Spunky's is close to downtown Ft. Pierce.

1  Thank Monica_Riehl
Reviewed August 23, 2015

Very welcoming and helpful - we h ired boards for a number of days and bought some gear. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 25, 2014

No matter your level or ability this shop has a friendly voice to share and treats you as if your gold. People stop in all time to chat it up so feel free to go dizzy checking out the tons of swag while you wait your turn. I like Spunky's

1  Thank Lookn0ver
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great surf shop , it keeps the stoke alive whether you want to surf, SUP, skate, skim,swim , snorkel, or just want the beachwear to look the part.

1  Thank irishcathoilc