“Lovely view”
Review of AJ's On The Bayou

AJ's On The Bayou
Description: Located on the Cinco Bayou, AJs offers fresh local seafood, steaks, pastas, oysters and sandwiches. Live entertainment on the deck, happy hour 4-6 Monday thru Friday. Sunday brunch is served 10am-3pm featuring Bloody Mary bar & Bottomless Mimosas.
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Came for dinner on a Thursday night . No wait to be seated although we were put at a table with high bar stools that I found difficult to get on to ( I am only 5 feet tall) . We had an appetizer of fried pickles which was delicious, hot and crispy. Then I ordered crab cakes, 3 large ones with steamed vegetables and potatoes. Very good. My husband got catfish with fries and slaw that he said was top notch. Entertainment was a man playing guitar that I found rather intrusive. The meal was $47 excluding tip. A good experience. We would go back.

Destin4050, Social Media Relations at AJ's On The Bayou, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Hi Marcia,

I am glad to hear that you and your husband really enjoyed your meal with us. We aim to provide each customer with exceptional food, service, and a fun atmosphere to go along with it all. We can't wait to have you back.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Went for their solar eclipse lunch and both myself and a colleague got sick. We both got a salad with seared tuna. Needless to say for the rest of the day my stomach was under the weather.

Destin4050, Social Media Relations at AJ's On The Bayou, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Hi Robert,

I am so sorry that you and your colleague got sick. This is something that I will have our staff look into as proper handling of food is our upmost priority. We are dealing with people here and the last thing we want is for someone to fall ill on our behalf. Again, I apologize if it was our food that made you sick .

Reviewed August 22, 2017

I had the crab cakes. And they brought three of them, huge ones, too. And the half dozen shrimp appetizer was perfect. The shrimp were sweet with a nice sharp sauce, and they were huge. I would have two dozen next time, and nothing out , and pig out. They are right on the bayou and it's very picturesque. Lots of room. Very friendly service.

Hi Andres,

Thank you for your recent 5 star review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed to food, service, and wonderful atmosphere we have at Aj's on the Bayou. It is a beautiful location with a wonderful staff! We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2017

This was our first stop after landing and our last before leaving Fort Walton Beach. I had the Grilled Grouper with Corn on the Cob and slaw. The night we landed, was an off night with the weather, so my brother and I ate inside, between the bar area and the outside deck. When we left, it was beautiful weather. We ate on the deck, facing the bayou and the bridge. Great food, great service.

Destin4050, Social Media Relations at AJ's On The Bayou, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

The weather has been a little off and on lately, but I am glad that you got to enjoy AJ's on the Bayou when it cleared up a bit. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

Went on a Friday night with some friends from work. It was great, we sat outside and enjoyed some drinks. We were delighted with live music and a great view. I can't attest to the food as we didn't eat, but everything looked great. From what others were saying, this place fills up with all the locals. I will definitely return.

Destin4050, Social Media Relations at AJ's On The Bayou, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Thank you for your review. I am always happy to hear when we have satisfied customers. Come visit us again soon!