“Great Vacation”
other travellers have booked this property
IE IE
Kitchen
Dining area
Master bedroom
Guest bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

BJB6973
Dalton, Georgia
“Great Vacation”
Reviewed February 19, 2018 for a stay in October 2017

We were recently on vacation at Okaloosa Island. It is a wonderful area with a beautiful beach and excellent restaurants. We enjoyed taking walks on the beach, playing in the water and watching the sunset.
Our Island Echo Condo was clean, comfortable and attractively decorated. My husband and I especially enjoyed the balcony and the beautiful view of the beach and ocean. We even got to see some dolphins swim by.
We have had many enjoyable vacations on Okaloosa Island and I am sure we will return. We would be happy to rent this unit again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Laurie B
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great stay at Island Echos!”
Reviewed January 11, 2018 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

My family and I had a great time staying at Island Echos. It's right on the beach so we had a great view. I loved the heated pool, and the facilities were nice. We stayed in 2G and there was plenty of room for my family in the condo. We were comfortable there (clean, spacious, comfy beds, complete kitchen, etc.), and we plan to be back. Okaloosa Island has a great vibe for families, and Island Echos will be our choice every year!

CWWilliam...
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Another wonderful vacation!”
Reviewed January 10, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

This ia my first stay at Island Echos, but one of many with Discount Vacation Properties (also called Sky Ventures). Rick Powers operates his business with amazing integrity! I have stayed in six of his condos located at three properties over a 10 year period, and I have never been disappointed! I have called or texted Rick a few times for small issues or questions, and he has responded within 5 minutes each time! This was at Island Echos 2G, and the place was warm and cozy! (It's winter, you know!) Well stocked kitchen, nice linens/towels, and even a few amenities not promised in the paperwork. Island Echoes has a great laundry area, and a very welcoming community. The beach is right in your face! Great sunning area as well. I highly recommend Discount Vacation Properties (Sky Ventures) and Rick Powers as a great property manager! You will not go wrong with him!

jhlandco
Houston, Texas
“What a NIGHTMARE! Disgustinly dirty accomodations with unethical Host!”
Reviewed June 22, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

If you are thinking of renting from Sky Ventures llc or discountvacationproperties.com owned by Richard Powers of White Pine, Tn. DON'T!!! read through his reviews and you will find that his places are dirty and he verbally chastises anyone who complains. case in point... On May 27th of 2017, Upon arriving at the Island Echoes 2G condo we were immediately disappointed with the accommodations. The place had a dingy, musky smell to it and the place was incredibly dirty. You nearly slipped from the sand under your feet in the entryway. Once we began to look around it just kept getting worse. The fridge smelling like something died in it and someone tried to cover it up with LOTS of bleach and the rack in the freezer is very rusty. There was old dried on food on the cookware. The blender base was filthy. There was dried food debris in nearly every cabinet. The floors were sandy and dirty. The sofa and chair looked like 2nd hand curbside finds, the sofa was much worse than the chair. The balcony glass doors were so dirty it took us the better part of an hour to clean them. 3 of the 4 plastic patio chairs were broken. Although not an issue but the light in the fridge was burned out. The toilet still had dried urine and hair on it. There were broken "UNSAFE" pieces of furniture which included a chair at the dining table and the head board on the single bed. The bath tub wouldn't drain forcing us to shower in shin deep water and It took Mr. Powers 3 days to finally fix it. Considering our situation with families coming from several states and the difficulty of finding another condo to accommodate us on such a short notice, we were going to try and make the best out of a bad situation. We contacted Richard J. Powers, the owner, with our concerns and he said that he has had issues with the maids in the past. He sent them to the condo when we were out and they only left a note that they were there but didn’t clean anything. The returned the following day only to wash 1 pan, 1 blender base, clean the bathrooms and vacuum. They did remove 2 of the broken chairs but never replaced them. The photos in Sky's Ad's are very misleading, possibly even photo shopped. The unit was disgustingly dirty throughout and furniture and fixtures are not well maintained. See full review with pics on youtube, search "jhlandco".

The owner of the condo felt compelled to leave the following review on airbnb...

This guest was a living nightmare. We allowed their party of 9 to stay in our 2BR, so they could save money. From the minute they checked in, they started complaining. We sent someone back to take care of their complaints, and then they complained that we sent someone when they weren't there. Then we sent the crew again at an appointed time, and they sent the crew away, because they were all still in bed. We sent the crew back a third time, and took care of their complaints. They later asked for a late checkout, and complained that we had a fee for that, so we gave it to them for free. After they left, they filed a dispute with ABB for a $1200 refund on their trip!!!

I responded...
Mr. Powers, I tried to resolve these issues with you prior to contacting Airbnb but for 3 days after our stay you repeated ignored my request to communicate with you. Once I filed the complaint with Airbnb you accused me of blackmailing you and threatened legal action if I left you a bad review. Yet, it was you who left the bad review for me before we could let Airbnb make a decision. So, you are absolutely correct Mr Rick Powers, I was living a NIGHTMARE. You advertise on Airbnb that it sleeps 9 but on your webpage (d(EMAIL HIDDEN) you say it sleeps 8. It will only sleep 9 if you double up in a single bed or triple up in a larger bed. There was no saving money by staying at your dirty condo at $2400 for the week with a 4pm check in and a 10am check out. From the moment we walked in to your condo at Island Echoes, room 2G we couldn’t help but complain. The place was disgustingly filthy. Pictures can be seen on youtube, search jhlandco. The only reason we complained when you sent someone was because they didn’t do anything but leave a note saying that they came by. NOTHING was cleaned! Had we known they were coming we could have moved our belongings for them. We never sent the maid away, we called her and asked for an hour delay so we could get all of our belongings out of their way and she agreed. Once they arrived they only cleaned 1 pan, 1 blender base, both toilets and vacuumed. They refused to clean any of the other dishes and they did not fix the tub drain until they returned on the 4th day, leaving us to shower in shin deep water all that time. We asked for a late check out because we wanted to make very sure that we thoroughly cleaned the place to not lose our deposit. We left the condo 10 times cleaner than we got it, you can’t deny that (I have pictures of that too). We only left 3 piles of towels / laundry, 2 in the entry way and one in the bathroom. We even re-washed the dishes and pots and pans that we didn’t use because we didn’t want the next guest to experience what we did. We had 3 families from 3 states travel to Florida for a family Vacation, I don’t think it was an unreasonable request for a 50% refund due to the issues we had to deal with. In my opinion, and I’m sure others will agree, you can’t expect to conduct business this way and not get a disappointed guest. The pictures I posted on youtube are of the filth we walked in to. How can you be mad at me for complaining about how dirty your condo was upon our arrival? I shouldn’t have to pay a cleaning fee and you should share the cost of the room, service fee and tax. Do the right thing Mr. Powers, honor my request and refund the $1200.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
23 Jun 2017
This is one of those 1% of renters who will never be happy unless they get their stay for free. When he complained of cleaning issues, we sent the maid supervisor back immediately to take care of anything he wanted, including snaking the tub drain in question. He was not home, and their personal stuff was everywhere (they had 8-9 people in the 2BR beach condo), so she left a note asking him to call to set a time for her to return. He set an appointment, but when she came for that, they were still all asleep, and sent her away. He set another appointment later, which is the real reason she did not get in the first day. The "unsafe" dining chair had a loose nut that the maid tightened with her fingers. If the sliding glass doors were dirty, they would take 5 minutes with Windex to clean, and NOT an hour. They do get salty sea spray on them each day, but we can't prevent that, as the unit sits feet from the ocean. The toilet had a spot of rust on it, not urine. The leather-like couch (purchased new from Ashley's 2 years ago) has a few spots of peeled coating, but a couch cover is available on the cocktail table to be put over the couch if that bothers anyone. The plastic resin deck chairs he had us remove had a minor crack in each. The guests prior and the guests after this had no complaints on this unit. The photos are real. The unit's actual square footage (1039) is listed on our website. Once our maid was allowed to come back in, she did everything she could to make him happy, and he had no further complaints. AFTER he checked out, he tried extortion by threatening to leave a bad review unless we gave him money. He tried to get a $1200 refund (about 2/3 of his rent total), even though his large family enjoyed our beach home for a full week during prime season. THAT alone should tell you everything you need to know about this kind of person. The only way this guest was going to be happy is if he got his vacation for free.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing