All reviews kids eat free lazy river kids suite front desk outdoor pool hotel restaurant king suite kids activities breakfast buffet hot tub bunk beds pool towels great resort movie night gulf view fort walton lobby area
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two days in August for a little family getaway at the holiday inn resort. The hotel is beautifully maintained with a lazy river swimming pool and fantastic views of the Gulf of Mexico! Our room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Poolside services offered excellent drinks with a beautiful view. Dinner was very delicious and prices were actually quite good for an upscale resort. I definitely recommend this hotel and plan to return for another great vacation!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Naomi. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation with us and found us to be beautifully maintained, having fantastic reviews, your room to be very clean and comfortable, and enjoyed our poolside service and food. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon. -Ryann

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time at the Holiday Inn in Fort Walton. The beach it sits on is a quiet one that wasn’t too crowded (even though we were there on a peak week.) It has a great pool with a lazy river and outdoor bar (not swim up). The rooms were good sized and had a mini fridge and microwave. The breakfast didn’t impress me, but there are plenty of great restaurants within walking distance! Overall a great option for a stay in the Fort Walton area.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Christina H
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us Christina. We are thrilled that you had a great week staying with us, found our beach to be quiet and not too crowded, enjoyed our pool and lazy river, and found your room to be a good size with good amenities.. We are sorry you weren't impressed by our breakfast, we'd love to make that up to you. Travel safe, until we meet again!

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Ted Valencia, an employee , went above and beyond to solve a mishap my wife and I had wile staying at the resort. Thank you very much. The service of all employees and how friendly they were was amazing.

Robert and Donna Holzer

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Robert H. We are glad to hear that you received excellent service from our staff, particularly Ted Valencia. I will be sure to share your kind words with him as well as the rest of our team. Safe travels until we meet again. -Ryann

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We came for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We had a wonderful time. The resort is so beautiful and clean. Our king room was comfortable. We got there early on a Friday before check in and they welcomed us on to the property and called us as soon as our room was ready. The beach was beautiful and while we were there they had 2 weddings on the beach, very nice set up for this. There is a bar and restaurant on site. We didn't use either. Pool area was nice and clean. A big plus is they have pool towels to use, don't need to pack towels. A nice atmosphere for couples and families.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pambud96

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a terrific review, Pambud96. We are thrilled you had an awesome anniversary weekend, found our resort to be beautiful and clean, your room to be comfortable, and took advantage of our pool and towels. We hope to welcome you back again soon. -Ryann

Reviewed August 17, 2018

Let me start by saying this is the first visit to this Holiday Inn Resort - We have stayed 3 times at the Pensacola location and becuase of experiences there we tried this location.

I have several pros and cons to list below - but here are a few pointers!

* THE BOARD WALK TO BEACH FROM POOL IS HOT HOT HOT - my daughter and husband both burned their feet that resulted in blisters. If you use the walk that is connected to this Hilton this will not happen.
* Bring your own towels - they run out often
*This hotel is not as energetic as the Pensacola location.

Cons or not Positives
* we had the family suite with bunk beds - not sure how many people they think will stay here but its not designed for a family of four to stay for a week. As many know when you travel with kids for a week long vacation you have luggage and STUFF - there is NO ROOM for suite cases, coolers, beach bags, shoes, etc. I have never had a hotel room with this little of space.
* the bean bags that they keep in room for kids to sit on are useless, they are nasty (and insisted on placing on their beds daily), Large and again no room!
* This is not the cleanest hotel. We had ants in our room upon arrival - they did take care of the situation however the crums and mess left after the cleaning crew were there I am not surprised I did not see more bugs.
* Sand! Now I know this is a beach hotel and we come down to the Gulf 2x a year so I get it. But this hotel had more sand inside than any other beach hotel I have stayed in. (The one in Pensacola is amazing at keeping it clean - I always saw staff with vacuums cleaning hallways and common areas - never did I see that at this hotel)
* The bar staff was very unfriendly - again I compare this to our multiple stays at the Pensacola location which maybe is unfair but as a chain hotel I would think you should receive good service no matter location) (They run drink specials at Pensacola - i was rudely notified they do NOT at this location - along with eye roll)
*The check in procedure was horrendous. Apparently they do not account for late check outs with cleaning staff - so even though the rooms were to be ready by 3 - i was instructed after waiting 2 hours that there were many late checkouts and they could not get the rooms clean in time ( I am assuming this is why our room was not the cleanest - they were in a hurry).

Ok - So there are still Pros to this hotel and despite the many cons I have listed we still had a excellent time.

* This is a smaller hotel so therefore not as many guests in the pool - we never experienced a crowded pool which was nice!
* The view from 4th floor was amazing - however during our ant situation we were temp put in a 2nd floor room with a HORRIBLE view - so i think that is a chance you take on this hotel)
*The pirates at the pool are a plus - my son loves playing their games and is nice to see a activity to give parents a short break
*The Hilton is connected and you can use both pools which was a plus since ours got closed due to a incident one evening and we still had a pool to relax in
* There are snow cones at the other hotel (but bring cash - no room charge as they are actually on Hilton side)
* There are waverunner, Kayak and etc rentals right out front - they were more than other places we called but for the convenience it was worth it!
*Kids eat free! This is HUGE when we have picky kids and I hate seeing them waste food that I spend $10 so having the option for them onsite to eat free with my meals was a huge plus!
* King bed in our room was very comfortable - the kids said their bunk beds were as well ( though we did have to ask for extra blankets the ones on the bed were very thin)

Would I stay here again - probably unless I could get a comparable price next door at hilton.

Even with the cons we still had a great time and kids enjoyed it. But I wanted to give a honest opinion - and I rated it overall I prob could give it a 4 but it was not quite as nice as Pensacola location so I had to give it just a average rating.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kidsintowtraveler
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us, kidsintowtrveler. We would love to hear more about your stay and how we can improve to ensure you have a five-star experience at our hotel. If you would like to share additional feedback, please connect with us directly. Thank you again! We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to our slice of paradise soon! -Ryann