US$249
US$224
Hampton.com
The Island, by Hotel RL(Fort Walton Beach)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$299
Hotels.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$209
Marina Bay Resort(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$322
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$246
BestWestern.com
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$259
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$269
US$259
All reviewsroom was cleansausage pattiescontinental breakfastpublic beachconvention centerwould stay againan older hotelokaloosa islandfishing piergreat place to stayspring breaksmall poolparking lotlobbyboardwalkwaltonflorida
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from august 13, 2012 - august 16, 2012. The room was clean, including towels, sheets, microwave, fridge, tables, etc. The front desk person was friendly and helpful. Dining area was kept clean and tidy. Even where they kept the pastries were kept cleaned and maintained. Even though the daily rate was not as expensive as the other hotels we were satisfied staying in this hotel. The only reason why we rate this hotel 3 instead of 5 is that, the lady restocking the pastries on august 15, 2012 was not using gloves. In the morning the front desk person takes care of the front desk, cleaned the dining tables, swift the floors. In other words they do everything (poor thing). I hope that she washed her hands before she restocked the pastries. I didn't eat any of the muffins, bagel, the following day because of what we've observed the previous day. And yes, it's hard to cross the street from the hotel to go back to Destin. Street is very busy.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
ecis1214, Front Desk at Emerald Coast Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay at the Emerald Coast Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you come back and stay with us again. We have let the breakfast department know about the issue you experienced and we will be taking care of it. Thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Definitely worth $79 a night & we chose it, because we were on a budget & it was one of the few hotels with decent reviews. Close to several public beach access points. However, we preferred Destin beaches which was a 10 min. Drive ( depending in traffic). Breakfast is decent with waffles, sausage, biscuits & gravy, cereals, and pastries every morning. Housekeeping is HORRIBLE, so if you are a huge hotel snob & clean freak do not stay here. My son had a small nose bleed the night we arrived & got some blood on the sheets so we put the "change our sheets" sign on the bed as directed in the event we wanted our sheets changed out. After a long day out in the sun we get back to our room to bloody sheets with the "change our sheets" sign neatly placed on our bed with blood stains behind & next to HA! What a joke! They don't change sheets & didnt until I complained to the front desk. I told her i even left the "change my sheets sign" on the bed & it was still there when i got back. Sand was not swept up from our bathroom daily. For a double bed room you only get 3 towels... What are we supposed to do? Share?? Every night I was downstairs asking for extra towels & wash cloths. Front Desk Clerks were very friendly & helpful. Basic cable only, no premium channels, i.e. HBO, so evenings were kind of boring. The lobby was very clean at all times, beds are small, guest laundry takes $3 to wash n dry, small pool (not very clean). Overall, it was a great budget stay. Every time I thought something bad about my stay whether it was the elevator, housekeeping, etc... I would just ask myself, "what do you expect for $79 a night. If I were to visit again on a last minute, budget trip I would stay here again. Otherwise... No!

• Stayed: August 2012

Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Loved it! Yes there are better, nicer hotels but for the price and location you couldn't ask for anything better. My kids and i drove to the beach, which took about a minute, but you could definitely walk. Breakfast was great, my kids and I enjoyed the pool and microwave/mini fridge in the room was a huge bonus.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on your stay at the Emerald Coast Inn & Suites. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful time during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were in the process of moving and needed to get away from the house and this was the only reasonable place available on very short notice. It was good enough for our needs and we have two young children. Its a smaller older hotel but it has been renovated. The beds were comfy and the room was quiet and clean. My only issue was no room service but its not a big deal. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The staff at this hotel is excellent. They are very friendly and helpful. I was a little skeptical when we first arrived and saw that the hallways were open air, and concrete...but very happy with the room. It was very quiet and very clean. It has new carpet, mini fridge, iron, and nice television. The hotel has been redecorated, and has very nice linens on the beds, and a comfortable mattress. It has blackout window treatments, and the air conditioner was great...a necessity in my book, for a hotel at the beach. Emerald has a very large variety of items on the complimentary breakfast, including fresh waffles that you make yourself. It also has a laundry room and a small pool. The rates are lower than other hotels around it, and I would stay here again. Another plus is that you can walk to the convention center from the parking lot, and the boardwalk is just across the highway.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family