New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
st pete
“perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Clean, bright, beautiful, with Outstanding customer service. These folks took great care of us on our visit. We were married on the beach there and the service personnel couldn't have been more helpful. We had a "wardrobe malfunction" minutes before our ceremony and one of the young ladies at the front desk was able to assist my new bride with her issue. I wish I would have gotten her name. Our room was waterfront and we were lulled to sleep by the surf every night. The property was well maintained and close to many restaurants, bars, and such. I would have liked to have tried the restaurants on the premises but didn't get the chance. I certainly will next time. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank StPeteRaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I choosed the Four points by Sheraton because it is the only Starwood property in the area of Destin/Fort Walton Beach and I had always good experience with Starwood.

I had a nice and very clean room with a comfortable bed.
The whole outdoor facility was beautiful and clean.
I did not had a chance to use the gym/pool but it was looking very clean and inviting.
The Hotel is also good located in front of the Beach and with a car its very easy to go to Destin.

The breakfast buffet was fine and budget-priced. But we were three people sitting on one table ordering orange juice and the waitress served us two orange juices and told us that this is the last what they have and they will get more orange juice tomorrow because of a delayed delivery.

The whole hotel is also very smoker unfriendly. I have understanding that the hotel rooms and restaurants are 100% smoke free areas but it was a disapointment that it was not allowed to smoke on the balcony or in the courtyard. The only smoking areas that I found were at the Hotel parking area.

I really enjoyed my stay except the unprofessional check in and the unfriendly staff at the Front desk and that I was the one without my morning orange juice during my breakfast. I am not sure if I will stay here again thats why my rating is average.

Room Tip: Oceanview room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mc_alexis
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Its a nice hotel with decent facilities and my room in the beach tower has a great view. As I sit here in my room, however, I am unable to order room service because nobody picks up the phone. It has been like that for a half an hour. I called the front desk and they transferred me which did not solve the problem. I called the front desk again and they said the phone was broken and tried to transfer me again but I declined since this did it seem to be a solution to the problem. An appropriate response, especially the second time, would be to take my room number and have someone from room service call me. That type of simple problem solving isn't just for five star hotels. When a business person has work to do, it is not always practical to hang on the phone line for half an hour or be forced to go across the campus to the restaurant. I'll give them the phone from my room if they can't find one to replace the one in the room service area...UPDATE: I just called again and someone picked up then promptly hung up the phone. I called again and they answered and took my order. It only took 45 minutes to order breakfast!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SKFemor
Rock Island, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I was at the hotel for a business trip. The staff was very accomodating. I especially commend Ingrid (the executive housekeeper) for retrieving a forgotten bag from my room and mailing it back to me. I checked out of the hotel Friday morning and received the forgotten bag in the mail the following Monday.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Luv2Paint913
Bridgeton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Parking is horrible, there are not enough spaces. There is no office space in the lobby ---only one computer---very inconvenient. Not many place to eat. Next time will stay in Destin

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Enjoyed the stay except for a few issues. Hot tub was closed, heated pool was cold, it took forever to get checked in. Do not disturbe signs are terrible and blow away in the slightest breeze. Maintneance tried to enter the room at 8 AM on Monday while we were sleeping, housekeeping was knocking at 9 on Tuesday. Front dest provided a more secure sign to give us a opportunity to sleep in on Wednesday,

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MNGTO
Sevierville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We rented room on 4 th floor on corner. Room was huge with corner balcony that wrapped around corner. Biggest balcony I have ever seen in any hotel or condo. Probably 15' deep by 20' wide Wifi service is free and awesome. Wireless router located right in room! I will stay here again on next visit. Sheraton style furnishings too. A little pricey, but it is beach front with all the ammenities. I totally recommend.

Room Tip: Pick corner ocean front.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family