La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$159
Hotels.com
US$288
US$251
Hampton.com
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$227
BestWestern.com
US$322
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$170
The Island, by Hotel RL(Fort Walton Beach)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$262
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$221
Marina Bay Resort(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
US$203
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$233
US$219
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast buffetcorner suiteocean fronthot tubsplash padnice balconyfridge and microwaveoceanfront roomoff seasonfishing pierhousekeeping staffbeds were very comfortableparking garagean umbrellachairs and umbrellasspring break
Reviewed June 11, 2006

We just returned from a 10 day stay. We have been going to Ft Walton Beach for our family vacation for nine years. We have stayed at the Four Points Sheraton for all but the first trip. After our first visit we were hooked and decided to continue to return to the Four Points. The landscaping is tropical and beautiful. The staff is always freindly and helpful. They had a program during the summer for the kids. Each day they would meet and have different activities throughout the week. And the breakfast buffet which was included with the room was the final perk that made us decide to continue to return to Four Points Sheraton and pay a little more for our room. We enjoyed every trip in a relaxing resort like atmosphere.
However this year was different. I was impressed with the renovations made and repairs from the Hurricanes. The dissappoiintments started when I booked the room. I booked a poolside/courtyard room for 11 days. I made the reservations in January. When I checked the status in May I found out they only booked the room for one day and only one person. I had to make new reservations, but was not able to get the poolside/courtyard room. I got a room in the tower which I had to pay more for and did not budget for. We did like the tower room and it was more space for us.
They also discontinued the free vouchers for the breakfast buffet. Which cost us more money we didn't budget for. They told us when we got to the hotel they stopped the program in January. I made by reservations in January and wasn't told anything about it being discontinued. The breakfast buffet was O.K. except for the eggs, they were watery. We were very dissappointed they stopped with the breakfast being included.

The maid service was not good at all. They only cleaned our room twice while we were there. They changed out our towels when we called to get new ones. The maids told us they were short handed, but thats not my problem when I'm paying 225.00 plus tax a night for the room. I expect great room service for the price I paid. The maid staff was very freindly and responded to our request as needed.

They also did not offer the kids program. My kids were disappointed because they had gotten used to the activities to break up the day.

I was also told the hotel will be undergoing major renovations to the main building which might cause problems for vacationers. I was glad we were able to go prior to the construction.

All said this is a beautiful hotel with friendly staff. A little expensive, but the environment (landscape, etc..) makes the price almost worth it. They need more staff.

I will be looking elsewhere next year. The Ramada has a nice pool and lower rates. I will have to look into it more. When you take in account the price we paid for breakfast and the room rates it would be cheaper to go elsewhere. I do hate to break a family tradition but I hate being disappointed more.

Stayed: June 2006
21  Thank CSI01
Reviewed June 10, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in Fort Walton. I must say that we did enjoy ourselves...however we where expecting more from the hotel. Our very first impression of the hotel was not good. The front foyer was nothing special. The resturant and bars were poor at best. The bar felt like a dark lounge out of the 70's..not what you would expect from the beach. We stayed in a newley renovated room overlooking the pool. The room was nice and clean...but we were stuck in a room that did not even have an air condition hall way. The stairway leading to our room..was more like a cheap hotel. It kind of grossed me out. The beach was nice...nothing like the pictures. We were disappointed that the bar closest to the beach closed at 4:00!!! We will not stayed at this hotel again...we did love Fort Walton and will be going back again in the next month or so. For the money we spent... we wanted a place we could stay and relax for the entire trip. We spent more time away!!

Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank jpstanley
Reviewed April 28, 2006

We stayed in a gulf-front room for 2 nights. The hotel has recently been remodeled and our room was nice, although the quality of workmanship in the bathroom is going to lead to deterioriation of the granite soon. The beach was awesome and the stay in general was very relaxing and just what we were looking for. I'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank auramat
Management response:Responded May 14, 2006

First we would like to thank you for your favorable comments from your recent stay with us. We appreciate hearing good things about our facility and also any issues that we can remedy for guests comfort in the future.

The good news is that we have already taken steps to cure the granite installation issue as you are correct, if we don't address it now it can lead to more work and more dollars spent later.

We are very proud of our facility as we were most recently named the Starwood Quarterly Award Winner for the Fourth Quarter of 2005 for Superior Guest Satisfaction and Service Excellence.

We hope to see you again when in our area whether for business or pleasure, thanks Gary

A TripAdvisor Member
Jacksboro, Tennessee
Reviewed April 12, 2006

We just returned from a 5 night stay at Four Points Sheraton. The beach was the best! You do not have another hotel on either side of you for blocks! So basically you have a huge stretch of sand all to yourself. One pool was still closed from the hurricane. We loved the room and the bed. Our room was very quite, you couldn't hear the neighbors. Only complaint was the maid didn't sweep the bathroom floor or clean the bathtub. We did have very nice beach towels that were complimentary and restocked every day. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded May 16, 2006

It's great to hear that the hard work we put innto operating a great hotel is appreciated by who we serve. A follow-up on the north pool area that is temporarily closed. We do anticipate it re-opening May 23rd . It's a great area near the north hot tub and we are as excited as our guests to have it back. The South Pool closest to the beach is open all year and is adjacent to Kiwi's our seasonal food court. Thanks again and come back soon, Gary

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 30, 2006

This was our second visit to Four Points. It is a lovely hotel, and the staff was excellent. We made reservations on-line, and when we arrived it was a no-hassle check in. Our 2nd floor beach front room was nice...the cherry furniture, pale gold walls and quality bedding made us feel like we were in someone's guest room instead of a hotel. Best of all for us was the beachfront balcony. We enjoyed just sitting on the balcony listening to the waves crash and watching kids play in the sand REALLY nearby. We didn't need them, but they do have rooms equipped for handicapped users....wide doorways, walk in showers, etc.

We've been going to Destin/Okaloosa Island for many years...and are having difficulty adapting to all the frenzied building going on....the special places we used to frequent (boat docks, a place to watch the sunset, etc.) have all been eaten up by high rise condos. You do have to go across the bridges -- either to Ft. Walton Beach (turn right at the first traffic light) or to Destin for decent food. It's still a wonderful place if you like crowds and busyness. While I'd stay at this hotel anytime I'm on the island, I'm afraid it's gotten too commercial to suit us. We'll be looking for a less busy area.

• Stayed: March 2006