“Great sushi”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

Nice quaint ambiance, very friendly and courteous service. The menu is a bit too much to take in. Tried the Volcano and the Paradise rolls and they were great.

Reviewed October 3, 2016

We have eaten here about 4 times,. but not recently, so when our friends said the food was better, we decided to give it another try. Well if you like bland food this is for you. My husband ordered chow fun noodle dish. You could literally count how many chow fun noodles there were, it was mostly bean sprouts. The dish was tasteless. I had a bento meal with tuna roll. Again not much to write home about. My friend left 1/2 of her meal over and this is not a person that leaves anything over. They better get their act together quickly, because with food like that they will newer last.

Reviewed September 23, 2016

Had dinner here last night after a noisy meeting next door at CB. What a delightful difference! First, the ambiance is tasteful and soothing with soft music in the background, easy to talk over. The wait staff was pleasant, professional and very knowledgeable of the menu making helpful suggestions. I love a restaurant where the wait staff seem to actually enjoy working there, happy to help you have a positive experience. The menu is extensive, the food is delicious and authentic. I have eaten here sporadically for years, and the food quality and service are constant: excellent. I ordered the tamarind hot pot with salmon. Super tasty combination (IF you can handle sweet and sour, because it is that for sure...with pineapple. YUM).

Reviewed September 15, 2016

We have had Sushi and appetizers twice at "The Taste", and were very pleased both times. The servers were friendly and helpful, the Sushi is as good as any we have ever had, and the prices are affordable

Reviewed September 14, 2016

This is one of my reviews that I am happy to say gets my overall hospitality award. 5 Stars for my favorite restaurant in Gainesville one we visit every chance we get!!!
Yay a great review I love these. The food and service the atmosphere is always bright and upbeat not real fancy but nice.

It has the best curry dishes just close your eyes and point to the menu. My order there is easy it has been the same for years. Green curry and chicken with onion and eggplant along with the accent of cilantro. Wow makes me hungry. I have them kick it up a notch for me . It is served with a nice mild taste temp that really is nice and subtle at first. Beware it can catch the back of your throat if you are not used to such a dish. It comes with rice brown or white I like the white the brown is good when I try and be healthy. Believe me you will be happy you read this and visited this great restaurant.

The service is always always the best sweet girls work hard to deliver some of the best food in Gainesville. Love the place it is clean and they are very hospitality service oriented. The sushi is always very very fresh with a great beer and wine selection you can not loose.

Very casual dining with fine asian cuisine at its best. YUMMY!!!

2  Thank hospitalityand