US$112
Hilton.com
  • Pool
US$98
Country Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$80
Homewood
US$118
US$108
GardenInn.com
Best Western Gateway Grand(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$93
BestWestern.com
WoodSpring Suites Gainesville I-75(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$67
US$119
US$101
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 7, 2017

This is not the worst place I have ever stayed but it is close. To start, the front door was locked when I got there. I rang the bell for 10 minutes before someone showed up. Them I had to try to communicate through a hole in a glass window. I could barely hear what the manager was saying, and had to keep asking him to repeat. He behaved as if I was bothering him, and it took another 15 minutes for him to check me in (efficiency was not a big concern, obviously).

Parking was difficult - the spaces were narrow, and even though I drive a small car, it was hard to get me and my suitcase out of the car.

The room was shabby, not particularly clean, and stank. The light switch did not work and I had to grope my way over to the bedside lamp to turn it on.

Bathrooms were moldy, bed uncomfortable, pillows lumpy and flat.

Road noises were loud.

On the plus side, wifi worked great. Seriously, that is important and is the only thing that saved this from being a one -star.

I will not stay here again, do yourself a favor. Spend the extra $20 and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2016

Located on 13th St it is very close to Univ of Florida Shands Medical Center and the Univ of Florida campus. The price is right and you can get a discount if visiting for medical reasons. I have stayed here three times, always just needing a place to lay my head for one night.

Rooms in the front get road noise so get a rear room if that will bother you (or use ear plugs). It is an older place and it shows. Rooms may have a light odor (I notice on entry but then it passes). Outlets are inconveniently placed regarding the night stands (no bother if you pack an extension cord). The shower heads are the small sandblaster type and positioned about 5' 6" level (chin height for me). The water stinks a bit, but that is common all over central Florida even at Disney resorts. Shampoo is offered in small tear-open packets.

There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room and free wifi via code from the office provided at check-in. Air conditioning/heating is from an under-window unit with controls on the unit. There were some small stains on my pillow cases I noticed during my last stay but they seemed freshly washed. There are three pillows on the king beds, and the beds were comfortable for me.

There is a Thai restaurant attached to the hotel (Wah Ha Ha is the name) which I enjoyed. There are some other restaurants along this road in easy walking distance.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise ask for a room facing away from the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo