“Family of 4 celebration”

Celebrity Soul Food
Ranked #184 of 646 Restaurants in Gainesville
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We went out with our two kids ages 21 and 15. Fried catfish, fried chicken, crab, and buffalo wings. We were offered a taste of sweet potato soufflé ahead of time which was wonderful. They brought us the collard fried appetizer for free and they were great. They need to get their bar up and running. Catfish was excellent. Black eyed peas were good. Hush puppies and oacra average. Crab meal impressive. Wings impressive. Service was spectacular. We hope more people go there and make it fully busy and successful.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Food pretty good, not perfect. Out of many items. Service decent but slow. Overall - decent but not great.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Excellent! Reasonable prices, absolutely delicious comfort food, and some of the friendliest staff around. I really don't understand why there isn't a line at the door waiting to get in. Our party of 3 had pulled pork, fried shrimp, and shrimp and grits with truffle fries, mac & cheese, black eye peas, sweet potato soufflé, and cornbread, around $75. Everything was perfectly prepared, and we took food home. The soufflé is cooked drier than I've had and the best I've had. Grits are creamy with bits of corn. The cornbread is moist and fluffy, like eating cake. The shrimp is delicately fried in a light crunchy batter and plump and juicy. We topped off dinner with dessert--red velvet cake and key lime cake. We definitely plan to go again.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

I have been raised in the south and I am considered to be an amazing cook by my family and friends. Having said that, the food my boyfriend and I ordered last night for dinner is the best southern Cookin' I have had in a decade. John had the "fall off the bone" delicious 1/2 rack of BBQ ribs with fried okra and sweet potato soufflé and I had outstanding fresh fried catfish, hush puppies, sweet corn grits, and collard greens.

While I live in Clearwater, Fl, this will be a stop for a meal if I am anywhere near Fort White. Trust me when I say it is worth the detour off I-75 if you are looking for a restaurant who cooks with their heart and soul.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

This place was amazing. The staff is friendly, helpful and go out of there way to make sure you have everything you need and enjoy your visit. The food was simply amazing. My wife had Red Velvet Waffle and Chicken, I had the Fried Pork Chops and my son had the chicken tenders. Everything was moist and seasoned perfectly and came out piping hot not luke warm like many places. The portions were large and the sides were amazing. We tried the collard greens, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy and you can't forget the cornbread. The evening was made even more perfect as they had a live blues singer. Her name is Sheba the Mississippi Queen. She sings both the blues and gospel and was a joy to listen to. The atmosphere was so laid back and relaxing and everyone was so attentive to our every need. Gainesville has long needed a place like this. The best part is they do the little things that make restaurant great. They have an attention to detail that is serious lacking in other restaurants. We will be back for sure and cant wait until we can hear Sheba again on the 26th of May. This is a must try.