“Enjoyable breakfast spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018

When I want to treat my team to a breakfast outing, this is usually the spot we pick.
The food is very good and the menu varied enough for everyone's tastes.
They usually have one or two daily specials and I usually end up having that.
The portions are large and the service is good. The atmosphere is bright and pleasant.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Not the biggest menu as I had expected, but the food was pretty good. I can't even remember what I got, but it wasn't too impressive. Black bean cakes I think.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

After being shut out at the first choice for breakfast we searched on Trip Advisor for another place close by. The Flying Biscuit Cafe is decorated a bit whimsically and fun.
The waiter had me scale back my organic oatmeal pancake order from 3 to 2 which was a very good idea considering I didn’t finish the two.
I would recommend this place easily for good food, pleasant atmosphere, and polite staff.
Two thumbs up!

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Not sure what the people are talking about if they say the biscuits are not good because they were amazing. We had great service on a busy day and the food was really good. I had the crab cake Benedict and it was amazing. The others had standard breakfast food and it was good too. We did try the Oatmeal Pancake and it is very different but very tasty.

Reviewed February 17, 2018

Recently, my husband and I spent a month in Gainesville and were very eager to find the best breakfast places around. We asked many people for suggestions. Some suggestions were as meager as "Taco Bell" while others were fabulous like "43rd Street Diner and Deli" (the absolute BEST breakfast we found in Gainesville). I was looking forward to The Flying Biscuit Cafe which has the biscuit as its signature item. Given how light and wonderful the biscuit was that I had at 43rd Street Deli and Diner, I was really looking forward to a place that specializes in biscuits. I should have saved my time and money. The biscuit was much smaller than at 43rd Street Deli, heavier, and less tasty. I asked myself, why bother coming here when the offerings are more interesting and the biscuits are far superior at 43rd Street Deli and Diner. The food was okay but nothing exceptional and the offerings weren't very novel or interesting. This would be an okay place to eat when the 43rd Street Deli and Diner is overcrowded and you're in a hurry, but it's not a restaurant that I'm likely to frequent again.