2 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$118
Hotels.comUS$118
travelup.comUS$128
1,505 results
All reviews front desk room service university florida shula lobby renovation game weekends pet
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2022

My brother and I decided to stay here for two nights.
Pretty good rate using my honor points.
Nice reception, beautiful bar area, nice pool.
Room is beautiful and comfy.
Lots of restaurants around to choose from.
Go Gators!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Holly Bell, Guest Services / Front Office at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2022

Hello Ms. Linda

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay. We're delighted to read our hotel met your needs and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Thanks Again!

Reviewed July 10, 2022 via mobile

Room was spacious and clean, but the carpets in the corridor were stained.
The hotel bar was very uninspiring - with very little suitable for vegetarians other than if you asked the bacon / steak to be replaced with flavourless cheese

Breakfast was bought cafeteria style from a small shop - with two small tables to sit. Great if you like blast heated high fat items.

Conference main veggie course was inedible. Appeared to be an entire packet (½ inch thick and uncooked) of filo pastry wrapped around zucchini and other vegetable items.

Breakfast round the corner at Metro much better

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2022

First of all housekeeping never showed up for a whole week. There was barely any toilet paper on any of the two rolls in the bathroom...you would think they would leave at least one full roll. Then you had to collect towels and toilet paper from the reception area because like I said one week in a room a no housekeeping done. When house keeping did show up they were as unpleasant as bad air....with attitude like they were doing you a favor. The lift stank as though a garbage truck had parked in there. Rooms were moldy, pillows smelt like they were not changed when the last guests checked out. Definitely not the Hilton standard I'm used to.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2022

The rooms were nice enough, and I appreciated that the hotel staff members are still taking precautions due to covid. The conference meeting spaces were spacious with appropriate furnishings, and the hotel catering service supplied us with really good meals. The hotel is a bit far from the main campus and downtown, but there are some interesting things within walking distance, such as the art museuam and the natural history museum.

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2022 via mobile

My most recent experience compared to my previous is totally disappointing.
My room had dirty carpet, tub ring, dirty toilet, hair in the sink, dirty walls and dirty bed skirts. The TV didn't work initially, I called the front desk and was advised someone would be up right away. That didn't happen but they arrived eventually.

I'm glad I had my Lysol wipes and Microban! ☹️
I can't believe this is a Hilton Hotel...Wow!

Date of stay: May 2022