“Great selection”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Stubbies & Steins
Cuisines: German
Description: offers many international and craft beers on tap and in bottles, as well as German cuisine--brunch on Sunday as well.
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We were going to the Top for an early dinner but they were not yet open. So we went around the corner to the House of Beer for a drink while we were waiting. There selection is amazing. All three of us have different preferences for beer. The bartender was very knowledgeable and helped each of us to select something we liked. We got to talking to him and he told us about Trappiste Rochefort. I am a great fan of Belgian beer but I had never heard of this one. We ordered a bottle just to taste it. Now I am spoiled forever. Unfortunately it will be a hard one to find elsewhere but I will continue to look for it

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I visited here after reading that they offered German cuisine. They do, but the menu is extremely limited, and on the day that I visited, two of these limited items were not available. Their jaegerschniztel was fair, but overpriced for what I received. It was served with "German Potato Salad,' that was basically warm boiled potatoes. I sent it back and substituted sauerkraut which was eatable but not outstanding. They DO have an extremely large selection of beers with a very knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This place is primarily a bar specializing in foreign beers.
The good:
They have very good food, mostly German with some specials once in a while (last time I went, crawfish etoufee) try the jaegerschnitzel, potato pancakes, sausage platter.. all amazing. They have upwards of 400 beers here.

The bad:
Honestly not much. It will burn a hole in your wallet for one. There aren't any cheap beers here and no liquor. They are not open Mondays and although its a bar, no smoking inside.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

A large beer selection and good food. The atmosphere is casual and it's a fun place to go to socialize with friends.
It's a little loud and not really a "family" restaurant.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

The atmosphere is ok. The have a lot of selection and premium beer. However, it is not a real aficionado's den. It is like a imitation hipster bar. All the beer, but none of the people you'd care to see. Plus, Gainesville has poor beer selection, so this place charges a super premium for average brews. They can do that because there is not much competition. The fries are good though.