“Great Beers, high price”
Review of Stubbies & Steins - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stubbies & Steins
Cuisines: German
Description: offers many international and craft beers on tap and in bottles, as well as German cuisine--brunch on Sunday as well.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

So I decided to stop by this place not to long ago to give it a try. I was very happy with the beer selection but the prices were way too high for my liking. There are some other quality amazing places to drink in Gainesville...all with more affordable beer than this place. Nice place to hang out with friends, but if you want a great beer for a good buck.. id suggest you not go to this place. The fries are quite good though.

Date of visit: October 2013

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were going to the Top for an early dinner but they were not yet open. So we went around the corner to the House of Beer for a drink while we were waiting. There selection is amazing. All three of us have different preferences for beer. The bartender was very knowledgeable and helped each of us to select something we liked. We got to talking to him and he told us about Trappiste Rochefort. I am a great fan of Belgian beer but I had never heard of this one. We ordered a bottle just to taste it. Now I am spoiled forever. Unfortunately it will be a hard one to find elsewhere but I will continue to look for it

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I visited here after reading that they offered German cuisine. They do, but the menu is extremely limited, and on the day that I visited, two of these limited items were not available. Their jaegerschniztel was fair, but overpriced for what I received. It was served with "German Potato Salad,' that was basically warm boiled potatoes. I sent it back and substituted sauerkraut which was eatable but not outstanding. They DO have an extremely large selection of beers with a very knowledgeable staff.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place is primarily a bar specializing in foreign beers.
The good:
They have very good food, mostly German with some specials once in a while (last time I went, crawfish etoufee) try the jaegerschnitzel, potato pancakes, sausage platter.. all amazing. They have upwards of 400 beers here.

The bad:
Honestly not much. It will burn a hole in your wallet for one. There aren't any cheap beers here and no liquor. They are not open Mondays and although its a bar, no smoking inside.

Date of visit: September 2012
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A large beer selection and good food. The atmosphere is casual and it's a fun place to go to socialize with friends.
It's a little loud and not really a "family" restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2012