“Great food, great vibes, great beer”
Review of Stubbies & Steins - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stubbies & Steins
Cuisines: German
Description: offers many international and craft beers on tap and in bottles, as well as German cuisine--brunch on Sunday as well.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Unique spot in Gainesville - food is incredible and definitely stop here if you're looking for a "rare" beer. I love the decor - half Australian and half German I think. Lots of fun! :)

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Jay and his crew serve Gville's best beer selection. And they know their stuff when it comes to all types of beer.
Coach and his crew sling the tastiest German style food as well as all your bar fare selections.
When it comes to the best bar in G'ville, it's a no brainer, no matter your age. Stubbies rocks !

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I don't get too impressed with most "German" places and I stopped here only because I wanted to hit up a brewpub so my party could eat something. Seriously awesome selection of US Beers, Foreign beers, and wines. The German cuisine was great! Pretzels with beer cheese dip was delicious, tasted like it had Dusseldorf mustard mixed in. We also split the onion rings and Belgian meatballs. Service was notably good - 3 different employees came by while we were there and they all knew the menu and beers very well.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

So I decided to stop by this place not to long ago to give it a try. I was very happy with the beer selection but the prices were way too high for my liking. There are some other quality amazing places to drink in Gainesville...all with more affordable beer than this place. Nice place to hang out with friends, but if you want a great beer for a good buck.. id suggest you not go to this place. The fries are quite good though.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were going to the Top for an early dinner but they were not yet open. So we went around the corner to the House of Beer for a drink while we were waiting. There selection is amazing. All three of us have different preferences for beer. The bartender was very knowledgeable and helped each of us to select something we liked. We got to talking to him and he told us about Trappiste Rochefort. I am a great fan of Belgian beer but I had never heard of this one. We ordered a bottle just to taste it. Now I am spoiled forever. Unfortunately it will be a hard one to find elsewhere but I will continue to look for it