“Cheap & Yummy”

Ranked #98 of 627 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed April 19, 2018

Had to stop, the milk shakes looked so delicious & they were! Burgers were good, the service was great.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

We have been to alot of Steak N Shakes, but the service here tops them all! Food was same as others, place was clean, price good. We were traveling north to Georgia and stopped on the way up and stopped on the way back south. I wish all of the others in this chain had the quality of staff as this one does. Be proud you have a great crew!! Makes all the difference in dining.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

I was here for a lunch and I ate well. Typical american food, good price. Very kind the waitress. I wait some minutes but in general was a good choice.

Reviewed December 29, 2017

After a long day of driving, my 14 year old brother and I decided the Steak 'n Shake next to our hotel was a good option for dinner. Upon walking in, we were greeted promptly by a very friendly Bryan. We were seated right away and drink requests were in. Our drinks came quicker than we could open the menus. My brother's Diet Coke caffeine free tasted suspiciously like Root Beer. Our server handled things well and explained why and offered to bring a regular diet instead.

Our meals arrived in no time. When it came out via another server (our server was currently holding conversation with us), our server took a careful look at our fries, we had asked for no salt and he had actually quoted me on the ticket with putting "no salt or he will send it back." I thought it was brilliant and he checked in with us after we tried the fries to make sure all was good.

This great experience rested mostly on the wonderful server that is Bryan. My brother was even impressed and commented on it to me. The food hit just the spot and we could be back before our visit is over. Especially since Bryan may have sold me on the red velvet cake shake.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I would rate steak 'n Shake a little better than McDonald's. No where near as good as Wendy's. Burgers a very thin. Lots of accouterments. Shakes are average.