“INCREDIBLE FOOD...GREAT ATMOSPHERE - FANTASTIC CHEF”
Review of Amelia's

Amelia's
Reserve with OpenTable
Amelia's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 588 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: European, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Place and E. 1st Street
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I ate at Amelia's when I was in school at UF in the early 90's. It was very good then however, several years ago it was bought by a younger chef with a passion for food and cooking. He has redecorated the place and puts out better food then the previous owener. I live in South Florida and have the opportunity to eat at many five star restaurants, several of which belong to world renowned chefs. Although I have to admit that there are other restaurants in south florida that may be comparable....none are better! Amelia's puts out fantastic food no matter what you are ordered. I have been there several times since the change in ownership and have not been disappointed in any menu item we have tried from fish to meat to pasta and more. His red sauce is fantastic...i could eat it with a spoon like soup. it is simple but flavorful and maybe my favorite anywhere.

Also...if you are lucky and celebrating a special occassion, the chef, Andy Fass, my come out and play some sax. He is a great musician but even a better chef.

1  Thank uofgator

Reviewed 24 February 2012

It is romantic and delicious. Everything you can want in a date. And it is the kind of place that you can dress up, which I love on dates. If it's the weekend, you should make a reservation.

3  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 20 February 2012

What a gem of a restaurant! The lobster ravoli was lite and not overbearing. We used a groupon which was a great way to try a three course meal for a reasonable price. The dessert which consisted of almarato ice-cream dipped in chocolate and hazelnuts! Oh my Gainesville I'm proud of you!!

2  Thank Serreala
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We had a wonderful meal at Amelia's. From the moment we walked in we were treated like treasured guests. The service was relaxed and paced just right, with our waitress making superb recommendations for food and wine. The salmon and grouper were outstanding, with more than enough to take home and enjoy the next day. We will be returning soon!

2  Thank G8tors5
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My boyfriend and I spent our 4th Valentine's Day together at Amelia's. This adorable and qauint eatery was quite a pleaseent surpise to the both of us. We both grew up in Gainesville, FL. and have recently moved back to the area for jobs. We had no idea about Ameila's until about a month ago. What a hidden gem we found!
The food was not only delicious, try to cheese tortelini and the chicken parmagina, but the service and the atmosphere were both superb. There were about 15 tables in the restaraunt, the lights were dim, candles were light, and there was soft music in the background. Also, the pricing was extremely reasonable.
Whether you are celebrating your birthday, going to a work dinner, having guests from out of town visit Gainesville, celebrating a holiday and or an anniversary or catching dinner before or after a show at the Hippodrome, Amelia's is the place to be! You will not regret the experience nor the cuisine!

3  Thank ewp0510