“Good fish and chips at good VFM”

Miller's Ale House - Gainesville
Ranked #43 of 627 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Description: Miller's Ale House is a local restaurant and sports bar where you can eat, drink, watch sports, and enjoy the company of others without breaking the bank.
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

I ordered the classic fish and chips and was very pleased. Plenty of fish with white flakey inside the crispy batter. Flavorful and not at all greasy. Service was very good too. Already looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Cool place, good beer. The server tried, but the speed of the kitchen, food quality, and the lack of management presence made this a " do not return"!. I have to say I was in the industry as a restaurant manager for a long time, in many places. Both managers here spent ALL of their time expediting food. That was it. Why do they you guys employ people for that ?? Too cheap?? Maybe then the managers could actually manage. Maybe even talk to the customers ? The best meal was my wife's salad, shrimp pasta had almost no flavor or seasoning, ribs were boring and small.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

need to allow extra time if they are busy, waiter was a little slow because he had a lot of tables, but food was good. Lot of tvs for sports viewing.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

First let me say that this restaurant USED to be one of my favorites. I just spent more than $70 for poor service and two of the three meals that were extremely poor. The good meal was the Cajun chicken pasta, my sister said it was excellent. Both my mother and I ordered the 8 ounce filet....which was ok but the accompaniment was terrible. Cold undercooked broccoli (which I did not order but got anyway)and the mashed potatoes that my mother ordered were hard around the edges. That means that they were Cole and microwaved while on the plate to warm the, up. Yuck! I did order these but never received them. I did order a Cesar salad but it came out with no dressing. I would have complained to out wait person (Mariah) but she did not come back to either fill our drinks or check on our meals. Again.....I loved (notice past tense) Ale House but it will be a very long time before I think I might try this place again. Expensive lesson to learn.

Millers_Ale_House, Public Relations Manager at Miller's Ale House - Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Good morning, Gvillegator. We're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience at our House & didn't enjoy your sides or receive attentive service. When you have a moment will you please send all the details & your contact info to us via our website: millersalehouse.com/contact-us/ so that we can reach out to you & speak more about your visit? We hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2018

over all it seems just like any other "sports" bar. I found it annoying, way too many tvs with every basketball game and couldn't hear what was happening. if they are broadcasting these games, mute the volume. I, for one, do not care for the tournament and don't want to listen to them. if I was there with family, practically have to shout for a conversation. only redeeming quality was the server.