New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Price range: US$14 - US$29
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Awful Service, ok food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We used to come here a few years ago and we loved it! On our most recent trip back to Gainesville we couldn't wait to have dinner here. Boy were we disappointed! The service was awful, our reservations were pointless as we still waited for 40 minutes to sit when there were still open tables. And worst of all, the manager was rude! Avoid this place if you can... It is not what it used to be!

1 Thank Cassielee715

Lake City, Florida
“Okay Thai Food, Slow Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

We ate here to use a Groupon before it expired. It wasn't as good as I had hoped. The service was VERY slow at first. After we ordered beverages and they were delivered, we didn't see our server for about 10 minutes. Then we saw him taking food to other tables and finally he came back to us. Once he came to take out order the service picked up again. I ordered Pad Thai and didn't care for it. It was my first time with this dish and I found the noodles gummy and pasty. There was a big plate of noodles with just a few small pieces of chicken. Perhaps this is the way it is suppose to be, I don't believe I will try it again. The others in my party were happy with their meals. My husband ordered the Bento Box sides for an additional charge and was happy with his meal.

• Visited November 2011
Pine Valley, California
“Like so many mid-level American restaurants - high on pretense, low on food experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Went with friends, who thought highly of it; we were seated in the lower, non-main room. The atmosphere was too "cool" [uncozy] for my taste, the food so-so, the prices on the high side. I will try many of G'ville's dozens of other restaurants before I return here.

• Visited July 2011
Gainesville, Florida
“very pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

I read the posted reviews first before we went and became very hesitant. I decided to take the review to the restaurant and showed them to the manager. I don't know whether this did the trick but we were served promptly , we received a lot of attention by the waiters and above all, were served a very tasty oriental meal with all the trimmings. It was a wonderful evening.

• Visited September 2011
Florida
“Terrible all around”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

My husband and I went to Liquid Ginger for our 5th anniversary. From the atmosphere to the wait staff to the food, it was all around terrible. I have the mahi, which was way over cooked doused in a sauce that did not taste good. My husband had the tilapia, which was sliced so thin, it was basically just fried batter (a fish stick would have been better). Our meal was $50, and we ended up at the sushi restaurant one block down so that we could have an enjoyable meal on our anniversary. (We even saw another couple from Liquid Ginger at that restaurant). I would not recommend Liquid Ginger at all.

• Visited August 2011