All reviews front desk lollipops breakfast staff wet bar early check archer road sleeper sofa convenient location free breakfast oatmeal mini fridge nice place to stay sitting area rooms are spacious the hotel is clean i highly recommend this hotel shands hospital
Reviewed June 19, 2018

If you are in the Gainesville, FL area, you should stay at the SpringHill Suites. Rooms are affordable, people are nice, breakfast is good, and you will be near everything important. Near Interstate-75 and the mall, restaurants, and anything else including the football stadium!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jason C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Hi halvorsen999,

First and foremost, thanks for saying what I keep saying...if you are in the Gainesville, FL area, you SHOULD stay at the SpringHill Suites! Oversized suites, great hot breakfast, refreshing saltwater pool, free Wi-Fi, and all the best shopping and dining Gainesville has to offer, right outside your door.

The best part is all the new places that are coming soon, including Rascall Flats Bar and Grill and PF Changs. No matter your taste, in food or fashion, it really is here.

Thanks for the great review, and we hope to welcome you back to Gator country soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Stayed a Friday and Saturday night. Full size fridge with assorted kitchen ware in room. Nice
Lobby area, but we didn’t get to take advantage of free breakfast. Room had enough towels and bathroom toiletries. Bed comfortable as were pillows - neither had any odor. No complaints - nice hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi mct3c,

Thanks for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites Gainesville for your weekend in Gator country. We also appreciate your sharing your feedback on our hotel here on TripAdvisor, as it helps millions of other guests learn more about us.

We're really glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and hopefully you'll get a chance to take advantage of our free hot breakfast buffet on your next stay. Our staff makes some great food, with options from sweet scones, to hearty scrambled eggs and breakfast meats. Spice it up with some salsa, cheddar cheese and spinach!

Until we get to welcome you back, we wish you the best, in all your travels.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I went to the SpringHill marriot in Gainesville Va again. My husband needed foam pillows . This was on the reservation and was also told at check in. There was a mix up with the pillows. I mentioned this at the front desk the next morning. Beth immediately took care of the problem. She also, on our return to the hotel,gave us gift bags because of the problem the night before. The next day she made it her business to check on us. This hotel went out of their way to make us happy. How many hotels do that!Thank You Beth for everything!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hi Twotackyforu,

First and foremost, thank you for your loyalty to Marriott! We appreciate all our guests, but our Marriott Rewards Members mean the world to us. Second, we really appreciate the great review, but it is unfortunately not our hotel. We're the SpringHill Suites in Gainesville, FL....so go Gators!

Our two hotels get mixed up often, but if you look up SpringHill Suites Haymarket, you'll get the Virginia hotel. If you want to share a review with them, you can get them by clicking this link.

Thanks again for staying with SpringHill Suites. We love our brand and our happy to see that other hotels are championing customer service like we do.

Best,

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

I was very satisfied with the staff and quality of the hotel. Lynn in the sales department was very kind and pleasant to speak with; a very positive first introduction to the hotel. Jackie at the front desk was very kind over the phone and my calls were answered quickly each time. The hotel is easy to find, clean, comfortable and stylish. Lydia cleaned my room meticulously and the feather pillows and king bed were very comfortable. My husband and I enjoyed the complimentary main cable channels such as hgtv. The room had a kitchenette with a fridge, microwave and coffee/ice supplies. The layout was nice with a sofa and desk if needed. The ac worked very well and the room smelled clean. During breakfast, Red went above and beyond. She quickly offered to make our pancakes and brought me the box with the ingredients list when I mentioned an allergy. She served each guest happily and promptly; I noticed all the guests were bright and cheery and I'm sure she had a great influence with that. All the staff at this hotel were very kind. My husband and I truly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jacquelyn C, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

HannahPauline,

Thank you for your awesome review of our property! We always appreciate hearing from our guests, and we look to your feedback to help better understand what people want and need when away from home. Your feedback gives us the chance to improve and take even better care of all our future guests.

You mentioned some of our biggest perks here at Springhill Suites Gainesville. We have extra large suites that are perfect for family and business travelers alike! A hot breakfast buffet every morning to start your day off right and complimentary Wifi to keep you connected are also included with your stay. Our team strives to give each and every guest at our property the utmost in customer service as well.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you find yourself in Gator Country.

Jaci Carryer

Reviewed June 11, 2018

Nicest staff I've ever encountered. Great accommodations, located near a lot of great bars/restaurants. I liked the breakfast and the food items for sale by the front desk. The pool and workout room were really nice. The former had a nice backdrop overlooking a pond and the forest I'll be back! :D

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jason C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Hi derek496,

I hope you understand how awesome it is to hear our staff described as the nicest you've ever met! We have a great team here, and we've taken a lot of care in building a true team, and we do all we can to support them. We also share all our reviews, good and bad, with the staff, which is how we learn and what helps us to be a little better every day.

I'm also glad that you found the hotel to be great, and our location is outstanding. Everything is across the street in the Butler Plaza, Butler Town Center and Celebration Pointe. Craft beer bars, unique restaurants, Gator shops, to all the classic restaurants you know and love. Bass Pro Shops and Imax movies are just around the corner too.

I'm glad that you want to come back, as that is 100% the reason we put our heart and soul into what we do. We want everyone to have a great time, want to come back, and want to recommend us. So, until we see you again, thanks for sharing, and we wish you the best, in all your travels.