“Favorite lunch spot for healthy food!”
Review of Root & Pecker

Root & Pecker
Ranked #82 of 642 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: We believe in the power of good food. To satisfy appetites with healthy fare. to build support for local farms. To ensure animals are humanly treated. And create a ripple effect on community, environment, and family. We believe in the power of good food to make the world a better place. One plate at a time.
Reviewed November 22, 2017

root and pecker is my favorite spot for healthy choices! I love their salads and soups, everything being made fresh. Highly recommend!

Reviewed October 28, 2017

Just got back from Root and Pecker, having eaten there with a group. I had the Harvest salad, which was enormous! Very nice assortment of veggies and cashews. My friend had the meatball sub and was happy with it. Another friend had the salad with chicken, but not enough chicken. All in all, most people were happy with the food.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Wanted something different for lunch and this one suited our desire. This is a local place with mostly organic and a type of farm to table. My hubby had the turkey club and I had the blt. The best part was the maple bacon, omg it was fabulous. Highly recommend

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Several people in our group went to lunch there today and tried many things on the menu. Everything was bland. We were excited by the menu but disappointed in the way it was prepared. I felt it was 20% overpriced for what it was.

You order lunch at a counter and then someone brings your food. The ambiance is cute and on a nice day they have great outdoor seating in a comfortable environment.

Everyone that works there was very nice and had a great attitude. We will probably try again just in case the kitchen was having an off day.

1  Thank stetzga
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had 2 meatball sandwiches, a beer and a soda. This came to $39. The sandwiches were $12.99 each and unbeknownst to me because there were no prices on the case, my soda was $6. The meatballs were very, very good. I wish I had just ordered them as an appetizer. The potato salad side that I had was not good It was dry and bland. The bread was fresh but very dense.
I support local businesses and realize that the food here is locally sourced, but $40 for lunch is a bit much. If you look at my reviews, you see that I don't mind spending money if I think it is worth it. I don't think this is.

1  Thank MrsTRBE