“Beats entertaining at home!”
Review of The Top

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: the TOP / prepped daily / fresh & local ingredients / see you soon
Reviewed October 14, 2018

We took 7 guests there today for brunch. We were able to have a private room --- no reservations accepted but my husband and I got there early. Service and food were excellent. Some of us got the brunch offering and the rest got the lunch offering.
Casual --- highly recommend. It is downtown Gainesville.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Really enjoyed my experience at The Top. Service was casual yet attentive. Food was creative and delicious. Vegan friendly options were plentiful. The kimchi cauliflower appetizer was SO good! Atmosphere was cozy and comfortable with offbeat decor. Beer menu was excellent and informative. Each beer divided by category and described in detail with flavor profile, alcohol content, size in ounces, price and place of origin. I had a really nice local lemongrass brew. We arrived just before 7:00 PM on Saturday night and we were immediately seated in a nice booth which was lighted perfectly by a vintage lamp. Our server reminded us to catch Happy Hour which ended at 7:00. Prices were reasonable. I look forward to coming back the next time I am in Gainesville. Yum!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Excellent and interesting food. Been to the top many times. Never had a bad meal. Service is a bit slow, and it could take over an hour to get seated.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

This place is hoppin. If you value your personal space and want a quiet setting, this isn't for you. College town - go Gators- the food is on the better side plus the bar has great drinks and plenty of tv's if your team is playing. Be sure and tip the staff, they work hard.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2018

We've been to The Top in Gainesville several times, and it never disappoints. A fun place with innovative food and drinks. Everyone will find something they enjoy. I've been with just one other person, I've been with larger groups - always satisfied with both the food and service. (And the key lime pie is to die for).

Date of visit: September 2018