“Fairly average food, didn't blow my mind”
Review of Oak

Oak
Ranked #147 of 646 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Description: Original American Kitchen (OAK) serves tasty American dishes for daily dinner and weekend brunches. Our menu has seasonal changes and a variety of classic dishes as well as our own twist on home cooked meals. Pair those with our delicious homemade cocktails, large variety of bourbons & whiskey, and our 16-tap craft beer wall you are guaranteed to have a good time with the charm of the south.
Reviewed September 10, 2018

I went here with my dad for dinner. The restaurant is well decorated but I do think the set up increases the noise in the restaurant. We were pretty much yelling across the table when we were talking because we couldn't hear each other. Does get really crowded and is pretty popular, but the food is average.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We were staying for the weekend to visit our nephew a freshman. It was a football weekend. We went here for after dinner drinks on Fri night at the bar and received fabulous service from Aisha, our bartender. She was friendly and very attentive. After the game the next night, we were seated at a table for appetizers and drinks. Dan was a superb server. We told him we were staying at the Hampton Inn and he shared that we were eligible for a 10% discount. When my appetizer was not to my liking he immediately offered to exchange it with something else without me even asking. The next day we returned and requested Dan as our server again for Sunday Brunch. I had the Beef Filet Benedict which was excellent. The beef was very tender and flavorful. The endless mimosas were very good. We will definitely return here during our next visit to Gainesville.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

In town after a football game. Sunday Brunch. It was crowded, yet it only took us about 15 mins. to be seated. The interior is very nicely done with lots of cool wood, a nice bar location and good all around table set-up. This place is very, very loud-yes to be somewhat expected when it's so busy, yet the noise seemed so much louder than most busy restaurants....the patrons conversations seemed to be in a fight with the very loud music playing.
After deciding to go here, and reading what is a great looking menu, with lots of great comfort food entree's we were very excited to go.
The service was friendly and quick, though it took plenty of time to get our food. The server recommended one of their specialties, fried chicken and waffles, which I did get. The waffle was very good. The fried chicken was very bad....I mean I really tried to like it ....not sure how fried chicken could be messed up so bad. Maybe bad grease, overcooked, or if that's just how it is. The skin was very dark colored, not real crispy, and the meat was way salty and dry. Very disappointed. My son had the country fried steak and the same problem-over fried/cooked, very dark, dry and lacked much meat. The scrambled eggs and potatoes were decent.
I would like to try again,because to the eye, the place looks cool, yet the food experience was lacking. I will probably spend $$ elsewhere.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

This place has a beautiful ambiance and decoration. Wood everything. Beautiful inside. Just beautiful. Food was beautifully presented and good. Wasn’t anything HUGE to rave about but the place is so gorgeous it’s nice just to sit at and marvel! Eggs Benedict for me. Homemade hollandaise. Daughter had an arugula salad. Pretty small portions. Son had chicken and biscuits. Good and a very big bite! Pretty spicy! Good overall. Dinner prices are steep but lots of cocktail choices. For brunch, prices are fine.

Reviewed May 18, 2018

Fair portion of food though we were charged $2 more for grilled asparagus when nowhere on the menu is there a charge listed for them.