“Great spiciness great service”

Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille
Ranked #15 of 625 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has always had great service. Excellent staff. The food even mild is spicy so beware to those who no longer find that pleasant. But it is a great place to enjoy friends and family. Happiness and friendliness was served up. Great drinks too.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

So, I like most food. And I love the sides @ Harry’s. Last time I was there I ordered a veggie plate and my server told me that it wasn’t on the menu. I explained that i don’t eat meat, and thats what I’ve had there before. She left and came back with the manager- who told me she could not honor that request either. Me: are you kidding? Its easy, i just want a plate of 2 or 3 sides- whatever’s easiest. Manager: I can’t do that because there isn’t a button for that! Food is good, but the service is what happens as a result of being a franchise.

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

Only 4 beers on draught but a good range of bottled beer. Happy hour is good.

Menu is supposedly New Orleans style - not been there yet! I played safe and ordered the shrimp platter. 12 tail on breadcrumbs shrimp duly arrived and were cooked okay. The fries were made from new potatoes so didn't brown at all and were possibly a little bit under cooked in any case. The best bit was the tartare sauce! Nice and fresh and crunchy.

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at both Ocala location and Gainesville. This time, we were in Gainesville and went during lunch. The gumbo was reliably great and even during the lunch “rush”, our server was excellent and we didn’t feel like we were being rushed to get out! I have been to places where I feel like that and we generally avoid lunch hours, because of workers in Gainesville that only have 1 hour lunch times. Not at Harry’s! Great Cajun cookin’ and Great server! We showed appreciation for Amanda with our “tip”! We will return!

Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

We did not eat here but did stop by the bar on a Friday evening. It was still happy hour and the prices were terrific. My wife order a “front porch,” a combination of bourbon, sweet tea and some other things. I had a martini with cucumber, vodka and other stuff. Both were wonderful, so much so that we took a picture of the menu and will be trying to replicate them. The ambiance is nice and the bar tenders personable and professional. Check it out.