“Good Grub, Lively Atmosphere, Reasonable Prices - A Combo Hard to Beat”

Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille
Ranked #15 of 646 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thank you for visiting Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille! A distinctively different menu, the food of Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille captures the essence of a city not only known worldwide as the birthplace of Jazz but also the birthplace of a unique style of cooking. We've taken the best of Cajun, Creole and Southern flavors infused with a current day twist to create some of our most popular dishes like Shrimp and Scallop Orleans, Grilled Chicken Baton Rouge, Crab Crusted Blackened Red Fish, Bourbon Street Salmon and French Quarter Beef Tenderloin to name a few.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Located right in the heart of young and vibrant Gainesville, this is a large, well-run, busy and very fun restaurant. It is not fine dining but doesn't pretend to be; it's also many steps above chain-restaurant with their portion-controlled frozen foods. The cooking is cajun-style, not real cajun, by which I mean it has been toned-down for middle-American tastes. But that doesn't diminish the quality of the experience. The menu is broad, the choices varied, the bar is great, and the service friendly and enthusiastic. Our server, by the way, was Stephanie, and she was tip-top; a real johnny-on-the-spot with water, drinks, and our meals. I particularly enjoyed dining street-side. Dinner with adult drinks was roughly $50 per person. I definitely will be back next time I'm in G-town!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I haven't had a bad experience there. The food is good service can be a little slow at times but other than that good. Their She Crab soup is YUMMY along with their Chicken Jolie.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant is listed as a seafood restaurant but the atmosphere takes you to Paris France or the Martinique Restaurant at Atlantis in the Bahamas. The food and atmosphere were great and the service was fast.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When I entered the building, the staff welcomed me with a smile and the themed music instantly lifted my mood. Once seated, I ordered the fish tacos and fried green tomatoes. My order was out within a few moments. First off, the presentation was great! Generous portions of food, and quality ingredients! The first taste of the fried green tomatoes was perfect. Just the right amount of spicy, cheesy, and tart. The crusting was flaky, and tomatoes had just the right amount of firmness. Next, I tried the fish tacos. Oh My Lanta! Up until now, my favorite fish tacos belonged to Bahama Breeze. The perfect blend of zesty, tangy, fish, and texture made these tacos my new favorite. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

They have a separate GF menu. The item I wanted, fish taco's, were not GF. Could not be made GF. So I picked a spicy shrimp and chicken dish. It was successful on the spice. It was cold. I did t send it back because... well, when ya need things to be GF you never send a dish back to the kitchen. So I would say, I had safe food. It was not exciting food. They had a GF desert, Banana's Foster. It was super sugary and no rummy. So I would say this restaurant is Meh at best.