“Fresh & Delicious!”

Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Parking In The Back
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

After I had traveled for 14 hours to escape the hurricane, we stopped here to eat. The food was great and Whitney gave great service. The Sock-It-To-Me vegan cake was better than any desert I've had! It it definitely a place I will visit again on my way back home.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I have always enjoyed the food and the service at the Reggae Shack Cafe whether it's a business lunch or dinner with clients or just with family and friends. My favorite is the Jamaican Curried Goat dish. The cook would always cut up a fresh scotch bonnet pepper on the side for me to get that real Jamaican flavor. Rahtid mon! Di ting nice.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

After a full day of shopping and under the suggestion of an employee of one of the stores we visited the Reggae Shack Café was looked up and GPS entered and am I glad I did. There is a carefree, light hearted atmosphere when you enter the restaurant. You can request different spice levels and we opted for low spice levels and were accommodated. I had the basic burger and my niece had the fried Mahi sandwich. We were both very pleased with our meal. And the chef co-owner visited every table in the restaurant to handle concerns and questions. Very friendly place, will go back to try their vegan selections

Reviewed 12 July 2017

My wife and I enjoyed dinner at the Reggae Shack Cafe. We do enjoy "typical" plates from many countries, so we looked forward to our first meal at RSC. My wife had curry chicken; I had jerk pork. Both entrees were spicy, the jerk decidedly more so. Both were also very tasty and were accompanied by rice and peas, fried plantains and stewed cabbage. In all, the meal was good, above average. The prices, however, seem a little high to me and I usually do not comment on prices. Two dinners and one bottle of beer cost about $35, tip included. I recommend RSC, but with the caveat that its prices are on the high end of moderate.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We went to celebrate a birthday, but didn't tell the staff. We sang happy Birthday over dessert, and staff came out and sang again, then gifted us one dessert!

Service is great, they will give you suggestions, if asked.

My dish was a bit spicy but great!

A Gainesville must!