1,531 results
All reviewsparamount plazaview of the lakebreakfast buffetshands hospitalshuttle servicean older hotelfront desk staffgreat customer servicedefinitely stay here againmarceljoshalligatorsuniversitybanquetrateshousekeeperweekends
Reviewed May 31, 2018

The room and service were excellent. The bed was very comfortable, and the location was convenient to the expressway and to places to eat. We had a problem with the toilet, but maintenance came quickly, acted politely, and fixed the problem.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WyndhamGardenGainevi, Hotel Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to offer positive comments about our hotel. I’m glad you like our clean, comfortable rooms, great location and responsiveness to your requests. It’s a true pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to providing total satisfaction to you again in the future. When you need us, we’ll be here for you.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

We were passing through and needed a rest. Found a Groupon for 60 bucks for the night. Our room was very clean. Very quiet. We checked in late at night and front desk was pleasant. Good choice for a stopover when traveling.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate and thank you for your kind and pleasant feedback, which indicates to us that we’re on the right track in meeting guest needs and exceeding expectations. Specifically, we’re pleased that you liked great rates, clean rooms and last-minute availability. It’s our pleasure to serve you – and we want to invite you to stay with us again. We look forward to doing a great job for you again.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

My daughter and I arrive to eat here tonight around 6 PM. And LAUREN has been so friendly and helpful at the front desk! We were going to stay at the back of the hotel in building 2000 but after realizing how far that was away from the front and not feeling that may be the best place for us she was able to move us to a pool front room which has been so much better! We really appreciate her friendliness and helpfulness. And we look forward to spending the next few days here! So far so good!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
1  Thank debndamon
WyndhamGardenGainevi, Hotel Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Dear Guest,

First, let me say that I appreciate you taking time to comment. So many people don’t bother. Second, I want to thank you for your kind (and accurate) comments about how we go beyond the expected to make sure everyone has a room that’s great for them. We’re very fortunate to have staff members who meet guest needs and go beyond to exceed expectations. When you need great accommodations in our area again, we’ll all be here for you. Our goal is to always satisfy every guest.

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Very disappointing hotel.
The photo Trip Advisor has is the nicest photo you’ll get.
We got in late (we were here because my brother is very ill and in the hospital), I was too tired to deal with most of the issues. The second night of our stay, I spilled a soda on the floor, I grabbed a towel to wipe it up, when I finished, the towel was black with dirt! The next morning I went to the desk and told them. They said my room would be cleaned later in the day, I replied, it was cleaned yesterday and apparently they don’t clean the floors. The desk person said she would tell them. No I’m sorry that’s too bad, nothing. Later that day I saw our housekeeper, no one had mentioned the floor to her, so I asked her to do the floor and tipped her. It was cleaner, but still not clean. I was booked for Friday - Wednesday, I needed to extend my stay, so I booked Home2 by Hilton, this place rocks!
Really, don’t stay here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your stay with us, and you can be sure that every guest is valuable to us. I hope your brother is doing better. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of the floor was a concern to you during your stay. We strive to honestly portray or hotel and provide excellent experiences to all guests. For letting you down, I’m genuinely sorry. We invite you to stay with us again, and please expect a better experience. You have every right to hold us to the highest possible standard.

Reviewed May 21, 2018

I will start this awful review by saying the staff here are very nice and they have great attitudes.
We had a horrible stay at the Wyndham in Gainesville. Wyndham is normally a good hotel brand and at $140 a night I expected this location to live up to my expectation. I was wrong. It seems that double the normal rate during UF events, such as graduation.
We arrived late and when we got to our room the keys did not work. The front desk guy immediately came back with another set of keys but they did not work either. As we waited about 15 min for the 3rd try at keys we noticed we were getting bit by bugs in the hallway. It seemed like flea bites. When the front desk person arrived with the 3rd set of keys they still did not work but this time he brought a master key and let us in. later they gave us a 4th set of keys and they did not work either.
I was greeted in the bathroom by 2 dead cockroaches. I was glad they were dead. I checked the room to make sure it was actually clean. An ant was on the comforter & I found what I think is dried vomit on the bed skirt (see photos). I normally would ask for another room or change hotels but it was late and we had to be up early so we dealt with it. Then came the spiders!! Just as we were about to turn out the light huge spiders came out from behind the TV (see photos). OMFG I almost died. I really hate spiders. As you can image it was a bad night’s sleep.
I told the front desk person the next morning at checkout and they said they will get to the room right away. I hope they did.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
WyndhamGardenGainevi, Hotel Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Dear Guest,

We’re glad you commented because it shows that you care about our hotel and the experience other guests find here. We’re so sorry that several things went wrong during your stay. We apologize that you were not among our many satisfied customers. The problems you pointed out have already been addressed. Additionally, we’re involved in a continuous improvement program that means the property gets better every day. We hope you will visit again and see the positive changes we’re making. We strive to satisfy everyone and want to satisfy you as well.