All reviews updated courtyard hi speed starbucks coffee lay your head nice hotel convenient location restaurants and shopping archer road short drive top floor workout room first floor the staff was friendly and helpful nice room football game pleasant stay front desk staff
Reviewed January 8, 2018

My situation for this stay was a bit unconventional. I had a relative in the hospital nearby and was spending the nights there. I needed a place to work (wifi) and nap during the day. This unit worked fine for that.

This is not a *big* deal -- but the dining venue was changing over menus literally the night I arrived, so I caught that in transition but it worked out fine. Loved the Starbucks and used the little "store" frequently.

The bed and pillows were really comfortable; the staff was helpful, especially when I extended my stay (although I would have gladly accepted an extension of my lower rate since I had been told there were around 50 vacant rooms --- but that's fine as it was my last-minute decision to extend.

Because of my odd timing/arrangement, I can't speak to fitness facilities, etc., just to the good bed (LOL) and the dining. I do find it's best to get the "hi speed" wi fi as a virtual worker --- but that may just be me.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a little balcony if that appeals to you.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2018

We needed rest from a long drive and the location of this hotel and the trustworthy brand made it an easy decision to stop. The hotel had ample parking, seemed freshly remodeled with modern appointments and a clean room. Everything was looking pretty good until the kids upstairs above our room decided to play romper room through the night. When I checked in, I requested a quiet room and they assured me the room on the first floor at the end of the hall was the one, never factoring the extreme noise that would come from above. I'll stay again (top floor). The manager didn't really offer any compensation in the morning other than an apology (I was hoping for a small monetary discount since I didn't get any sleep at all). We'll give them a second chance.

Room Tip: On the first floor you can hear every single thing above you, request top floor and avoid this.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Kerry S, Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback from your previous stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Gainesville Fl. Also thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel and rooms. I would like to apologize that the guest room above you was loud through out the night. We do hope we will see you again for your future travels to Gainesville FL.
Best Regards,
Kerry S.

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here on 2 occasions this month, as well as some competing properties in the area. I will without hesitation be returning to the Courtyard more... Very convenient to UF health.

Staff- Everyone incredibly friendly at all hours of day and night

Location- just off i75 near many restaurants and shopping venues

Room- incredibly clean, quiet, cozy and perfectly appointed furnishings

Food/drinks- Folks they have Starbucks in the bistro. Also serve meals, beer and wine

There are a lot of options in Gainesville including a brand new Drury inn across the street. No reason to consider any of those places as this is as good as it gets. These folks here know how to make you comfortable and want to come back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2017

Stayed in room 220 and it was fine and comfortable. Close enough to the elevator without being too close. The room is modern, bedding comfortable, and clean. The pool for the hotel is outdoor and smallish. The gym is good but small. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

We arrived late at night and found the hotel easily. Our room was clean and beds comfortable we took hot showers and plopped in bed for a good nights sleep. Staff were friendly and helpful. If we have to flee another hurricane this will be an excellent stop due to its location.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Kerry S, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Hello Travelgal33480,
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I appreciate your feedback and hope that your next visit to the area is for a more pleasant reason. Thank you for your comments and I hope the storm did not cause you any more troubles.

At your service,