All reviews updated courtyard hi speed starbucks coffee lay your head nice hotel convenient location restaurants and shopping archer road short drive top floor workout room first floor the staff was friendly and helpful nice room football game front desk staff pleasant stay
Reviewed March 18, 2018

I stayed on 3/11,12 and checked out late in the morning. On arriving in the Villages I realized that I left a pants, shirt and a blazer in the room closet. I called the hotel desk immediately (about 12:30) and was told by the woman there that she would check. I gave her my cell number and asked her to call if there was a problem. I also asked her to hold the clothes for me as I would be returning on Friday. When I arrived around noon on Friday the young Asst Mgr at the desk did not know anything about me, or my call, or my clothes. She pulled open a bin located on the wall behind the desk which contained a pile of clothes, all mixed together, and said there was no blue blazer. She simply stared at me as if that was the end of the matter. When I pointed out that they must have disappeared within a couple of hours after I checked out she continued to stare and said "sorry". I then asked her to check the bin again as it was almost 3/4 full. Toward the bottom I saw my shirt and pants, but no blazer. I then concluded that some member of staff had taken it from the room closet in that two hour period, or from the easily accessible wall bin behind the desk anytime during the week. The vacant stare from the Asst Mgr further led me to believe that she didn't really care, so I left. What did I expect, you might ask? I actually hoped that the person I called initially would do as she promised and go down to the room and get the clothes. If the jacket was missing I would have expected her to call me on the number that I provided, and also question the staff as to whether they had seen it. If the jacket was present then I would have expected the Mgr to place it in a bag with the other items, put my name and room number on it, and keep it in a secure place. None of that happened. I can afford the $200 I was charged for the Saturday night stay and the cost of a new jacket, However, I cannot afford to stay at a hotel that is so poorly managed. I really won't miss Marriott Courtyards.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank davesbet
Kerry S, Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your previous stay with us. I wanted to apologize for the frustration this may have caused leaving items in one of our rooms. We did locate the pants and shirt that were located in our lost in found area at the front desk. I did speak with my front desk associate that was here the next day, and she only remembers seeing pants and a shirt. I do have your contact information if we do locate a blazer. Again I do apologize about the situation and am glad that we were able to locate your items.
Best Regards,
Kerry S
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed February 20, 2018

My husband travels a lot for business and was not too impressed with this Marriott property. It was clean and sufficient, but did not offer very good amenities for the Platinum level travelers. One free pantry item was all that was offered! We asked for the 4:00 check out and saw the clerk put it in our reservation, but the housekeeping women knocked on our door in the morning anyway. We called to front desk and they did not have it in our record? The location is decent near restaurants and shopping. Not too far to U of FL which is where we were visiting. Overall an ok place, but for frequent travelers it was not very generous with upgrades or perks.

Room Tip: We were a platinum traveler and had a view of a roof with the dishes for cable....
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TRJRM
Reviewed January 8, 2018

My situation for this stay was a bit unconventional. I had a relative in the hospital nearby and was spending the nights there. I needed a place to work (wifi) and nap during the day. This unit worked fine for that.

This is not a *big* deal -- but the dining venue was changing over menus literally the night I arrived, so I caught that in transition but it worked out fine. Loved the Starbucks and used the little "store" frequently.

The bed and pillows were really comfortable; the staff was helpful, especially when I extended my stay (although I would have gladly accepted an extension of my lower rate since I had been told there were around 50 vacant rooms --- but that's fine as it was my last-minute decision to extend.

Because of my odd timing/arrangement, I can't speak to fitness facilities, etc., just to the good bed (LOL) and the dining. I do find it's best to get the "hi speed" wi fi as a virtual worker --- but that may just be me.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a little balcony if that appeals to you.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2018

We needed rest from a long drive and the location of this hotel and the trustworthy brand made it an easy decision to stop. The hotel had ample parking, seemed freshly remodeled with modern appointments and a clean room. Everything was looking pretty good until the kids upstairs above our room decided to play romper room through the night. When I checked in, I requested a quiet room and they assured me the room on the first floor at the end of the hall was the one, never factoring the extreme noise that would come from above. I'll stay again (top floor). The manager didn't really offer any compensation in the morning other than an apology (I was hoping for a small monetary discount since I didn't get any sleep at all). We'll give them a second chance.

Room Tip: On the first floor you can hear every single thing above you, request top floor and avoid this.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Kerry S, Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback from your previous stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Gainesville Fl. Also thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel and rooms. I would like to apologize that the guest room above you was loud through out the night. We do hope we will see you again for your future travels to Gainesville FL.
Best Regards,
Kerry S.

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here on 2 occasions this month, as well as some competing properties in the area. I will without hesitation be returning to the Courtyard more... Very convenient to UF health.

Staff- Everyone incredibly friendly at all hours of day and night

Location- just off i75 near many restaurants and shopping venues

Room- incredibly clean, quiet, cozy and perfectly appointed furnishings

Food/drinks- Folks they have Starbucks in the bistro. Also serve meals, beer and wine

There are a lot of options in Gainesville including a brand new Drury inn across the street. No reason to consider any of those places as this is as good as it gets. These folks here know how to make you comfortable and want to come back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo